629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • United States
VagrantRadio says

I’ve looked through the wiki and everything else, but can’t seem to find anything regarding this question.

The five year anniversary of my site is coming up in March and I was wondering if offering a template for sale here in a giveaway on my site was frowned upon or not?

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
I’ve looked through the wiki and everything else, but can’t seem to find anything regarding this question. The five year anniversary of my site is coming up in March and I was wondering if offering a template for sale here in a giveaway on my site was frowned upon or not?
You should get in touch with Jeffrey (the site manager) regarding giving away one copy of the template, or you can submit a support ticket and we can forward it on :)

Just a friendly heads up, you won’t be able to promote the giveaway on the marketplace forums as this is against the rules ;)

Any questions just ask.

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
VagrantRadio says
I’ve looked through the wiki and everything else, but can’t seem to find anything regarding this question. The five year anniversary of my site is coming up in March and I was wondering if offering a template for sale here in a giveaway on my site was frowned upon or not?
You should get in touch with Jeffrey (the site manager) regarding giving away one copy of the template, or you can submit a support ticket and we can forward it on :)

Just a friendly heads up, you won’t be able to promote the giveaway on the marketplace forums as this is against the rules ;)

Any questions just ask.

Thanks, I will get in touch with Jeffrey unless he finds this post first and thanks for the heads up!

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

I presume you are not the author – that you would be buying a file to give away – why not just kindly email the author and ask for permission to give away a file of his / hers – he / she “donates” one to you for your birthday bash – I think you would find if you offer exposure (only slight with a link to buy the theme / template) many authors would be interested.

Just a thought….

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
VagrantRadio says
I presume you are not the author – that you would be buying a file to give away – why not just kindly email the author and ask for permission to give away a file of his / hers – he / she “donates” one to you for your birthday bash – I think you would find if you offer exposure (only slight with a link to buy the theme / template) many authors would be interested. Just a thought….
No, one of my files would be for the giveaway.
629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
VagrantRadio says

I just heard from Jefferey and was given the go ahead in this case.

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

If you want , you can use the freebie I’m giving on my blog as gift to your reader :

http://www.ddwebstudios.com

Just post a link to the article on your blog :)

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
VagrantRadio says
If you want , you can use the freebie I’m giving on my blog as gift to your reader :

http://www.ddwebstudios.com

Just post a link to the article on your blog :)

Awesome, thanks!

This will be around March 5th, so if anyone else wants to do some cross promotion and offer some free stuff let me know.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

I’m in – will be releasing an exclusive photoshop template (exclusive in the fact that you can’t buy it anywhere on it’s own) for our new blog at http://www.webtipsmagazine.com shortly – would love to offer it on your site also and will feature you as an article on the blog if you like (maybe an interview – short?) – actually I’m looking for anyone interested in offering goodies or articles etc – no pay right now but we are growing quite quickly :)

by
by
by
by
by
by