108 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
designedbydash says

So I was browing around a few files and came across one, went through to the author page and I saw the author had a perfect 5.00 rating on 38 reviews. I thought it looked a bit too good to be true, so I clicked through to their portfolio and they have items with 4.5 star ratings – thus making the perfect 5.00 impossible.

I don’t know whether I’m allowed to link or even mention another profile, but seeing as there’s no real way of me showing except to do that… look up the user “INFYNITIX”. And it’s not just his profile, if you look at “marcfolio” (who has a lot of ratings!) his is the same.

Initially I thought it might just be one bugged profile, but it’s not. I’ve found quite a few using custom Google searches!

1612 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+9 more
DaniMun says

So I was browing around a few files and came across one, went through to the author page and I saw the author had a perfect 5.00 rating on 38 reviews. I thought it looked a bit too good to be true, so I clicked through to their portfolio and they have items with 4.5 star ratings – thus making the perfect 5.00 impossible.

I don’t know whether I’m allowed to link or even mention another profile, but seeing as there’s no real way of me showing except to do that… look up the user “[...]”. And it’s not just his profile, if you look at ”...” (who has a lot of ratings!) his is the same.

Initially I thought it might just be one bugged profile, but it’s not. I’ve found quite a few using custom Google searches!

I’m not sure as to where the ratings discrepancy originates from, but calling out authors’ names on the forums – even if for such reasons – may be against the forum rules.

Back on topic: please take into account that some authors remove some of their own items – items with ratings, that is. Not sure if the removed items’ ratings still count towards the global author’s ratings though.

108 posts
+4 more
designedbydash says

I don’t know whether I’m allowed to link or even mention another profile, but seeing as there’s no real way of me showing except to do that… look up the user “[...]”. And it’s not just his profile, if you look at ”...” (who has a lot of ratings!) his is the same.

I’m not sure as to where the ratings discrepancy originates from, but calling out authors’ names on the forums – even if for such reasons – may be against the forum rules.

Back on topic: please take into account that some authors remove some of their own items – items with ratings, that is. Not sure if the removed items’ ratings still count towards the global author’s ratings though.

That’s irrelevant though, unless they have 5.00s across the board it’s mathmatically impossible to have a 5.00 rating. Unless they had 999×5 and 1×4, in which case the average would be 4.999 and would likely be rounded up to 5… but that’s not what’s happening. The way I see it, there’s some fairly big flaw somewhere that’s assigning perfect 5s for some reason.

Edit: was there really a need to flag it? My point would’ve been pointless without the names.

If you punch in Google the what I’ve put below, and flick through a few pages, you’ll come across a few authors that have the bugged ratings. For me the first one is on page 3.

Site:themeforest.net "user" 5.00 average rating based on
1612 posts
+9 more
DaniMun says

Edit: was there really a need to flag it? My point would’ve been pointless without the names.

I did NOT flag your post. That’s why I said “may be against forum rules”. Someone else did.

1612 posts
+9 more
DaniMun says

That’s irrelevant though, unless they have 5.00s across the board it’s mathmatically impossible to have a 5.00 rating. Unless they had 999×5 and 1×4, in which case the average would be 4.999 and would likely be rounded up to 5… but that’s not what’s happening. The way I see it, there’s some fairly big flaw somewhere that’s assigning perfect 5s for some reason.

Agreed :)

1208 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

Mathematics?

Anyway, looks like Envato round 4.75+ to 5.00. :)

108 posts
+4 more
designedbydash says

Mathematics? Anyway, looks like Envato round 4.75+ to 5.00. :)

Yeah I figured it will be something like that, needs to be fixed though :)

486 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Austria
+1 more
iHelp says

needs to be fixed though :)

Why?!

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi guys, in order to keep all relevant information in one place, please direct any/all related feedback to the official Author Ratings + Sidebar thread.

A fellow author has also asked about the criteria used to round up his own ratings to 5 stars, so I’m sure the appropriate staff will there provide the desired clarification as soon as possible.

Your patience is appreciated. Thanks for your understanding.

by
by
by
by
by
by