853 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
    Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

Hey guys!

After minimal dev effort (thanks Mark!) – we now have a global off-topic section on the forums.

This means that like the All Marketplace topic, threads posted here will be visible on all Marketplaces. I put a request in for this a while ago so that people from different Marketplaces, who may not interact very often will be able to get to know each other a little better and so we can have more general discussions which capture our entire community!

The old off-topics still exist and are just as you left them.

Enjoy! :)

3014 posts
    Helps us moderate the forums Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Won a competition
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says

Sweeet :)

what’s the long term plan with marketplace off-topic threads? merging them into global off topic or just leaving them as is?

2566 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+16 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Sweeet :) what’s the long term plan with marketplace off-topic threads? merging them into global off topic or just leaving them as is?
I’d also like to know, as I loooooooooove moving hundreds and hundreds of 3yo threads :D:D
3688 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
Joost Envato team says

Nice! This will surely prevent many missunderstandings about disappearing topics after they’d been moved to random off-topic sections!

Sweeet :) what’s the long term plan with marketplace off-topic threads? merging them into global off topic or just leaving them as is?
I’d also like to know, as I loooooooooove moving hundreds and hundreds of 3yo threads :D:D

I hope this won’t result in manual labour ;) Otherwise we’d have to bring out the Greasemonkey scripts :) But yeah, I was wondering about this as well – they don’t seem to serve much of a purpose now, right? Or am I overlooking something? Are we keeping them for legacy reasons?

3014 posts
    Helps us moderate the forums Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Won a competition
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says

they don’t seem to serve much of a purpose now, right?

agreed. ditch them. move all past threads over to global.

8226 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Envato team says

I think this would be the best thing to do since anything offtopic isn’t really going to be marketplace specific is it…

684 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 10+ members Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Indonesia
Gembell says

Cool . . . ! !

639 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Crakken says

I think this would be the best thing to do since anything offtopic isn’t really going to be marketplace specific is it…

I think you guys need a “Moderators” section :P

1000 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
simaudio says

Nice idea :)

3014 posts
+16 more
dtbaker Envato team says

I think you guys need a “Moderators” section :P

we do :)

by
by
by
by
by
by