Going mad with a certain buyer (authors need posibility for refunding this kind of buyers)

170 posts The Joomla Guy
  • Won a Competition
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
hogash says

Hey guys,

Before i start i want to say that perhaps 0.1% or even lower are like this, but this one just ruined my day. I made lots of friends all over the world, received invitations in other countries etc. Got thousands of ratings for my items, a few modest but mostly 5 stars. I provided great support and so on. All good most of the times. Of course there were also cases when i had small disputes with some, very rarely, but i’m guessing everybody does.

Just wanted to share my latest experience with this particular buyer whom like i said, ruined my day. He insulted me today, threatened me that he will make a website with my name with sc*ms. Also he said he will make complains that i’m selling a broken theme, seeks investigations that in his opinion i sold a broken theme to 1000+ users. This guy is way out of this world, just the fact that the theme has 5 stars proves that it’s not what he’s insinuating. I have no problem with these so called investigation, the theme works fine, but of course there could be several small bugs, but let’s face it, it’s a piece of software. The fact that he couldn’t upload a logo or these kind of googoo stuff immediately blamed the theme.

I eventually ignored him because there’s no one i can talk to, he’s continually insulting me, my work and so on.

I would’ve been the happiest guy if i could’ve just refunded this guy, or somehow to flag for staff reply to refund him. It’s hard to depend on other people when this is a problem between a buyer and an author. So in regards to the Staff, please consider such feature in the future, in my opinion would be very helpful.

I appreciate all my buyers who purchased my work, trusted it, but there are some boundaries that cannot be crossed, we’re also humans, i worked hard to get where i am and i will always try to deliver only good work.

4 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
ArsGemini says

I agree with you.. I am one of those buyers :) I just purchased a template (nothing yours) and WANT my money back :)

1399 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

I understand your problem and know such buyers, I wound not want it to anyone.

I just wanted to point out the issue in your suggestion, when the authors could refund the buyers themselves, it could be misused.

For example, I create another account, buy my plugin, rate it 5 stars, leave a great comment, and then refund myself from the main account. Then I repeat.

Just wanted to point that out, other than that, I wish you no more such bad experiences, remember that you can not be good with everyone.

170 posts The Joomla Guy
  • Won a Competition
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
hogash says

I’m perfectly ok with refunds too. In this modern commerce it’s something natural. But most of the times i tried to read comments, reviews, ratings etc before i purchase something. Although most of the people had no problem, if it doesn’t work for me, It’s not fair to say that it’s broken, cr*p, and so on. It’s obviously that there can be many reasons.

1644 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

I have some similar experiences. I would suggest that these people harassing authors should be banned from the Forums and the marketplace for 2-3 weeks.

The ban should apply to their Paypal accounts, IBAN accounts and e-mail accounts.

Most of these people are complete NOOBS. ZERO. From outer space.

Do not allow them to destroy creativity. Give them the “inner peace” they need and BAN them.

2274 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says

ArsGemini, if that is the case, and you haven’t been able to get help from the Author, you should try contacting Envato Support here : http://support.envato.com and open a ticket describing the issue as clearly as possible so that it can be looked into.

@OP, my email is open for such cases, as is the “Flag for staff reply” button with that handy text-box where you need to insert a reason. Do that in the future, and I will get in touch for more details if the matter gets out of hand.

The lack of such a feature, as the one you’re requesting, is quite obvious. We are talking about 0.01% of the usual buyers, and having that there, actually gives out mixed messages regarding buying something and the ease of getting a refund for it. Regarding the scenario you’ve presented, it would most likely be a non-deserving refund to be given, and hence, counter-productive. Please open a ticket on the matter (including all required details) and drop me the number via my profile page so I can look into it.

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
ArsGemini says

If I buy something… and it’s ok and working as described, I will not request a refund. If I buy a theme, install it and it does not work as it should work… I MUST have an option to get my money back. I just bought a template that is soooo bad that even being a “wordpress developer” I have such hard time getting it to work properly. There is a general lack of quality check on Themeforest… As long as it looks good in demo, they will approve it. I am so angry right now…

If I buy a theme with bugs and than get author’s reply; “We are working on it”, that does not help me much as I payed for it, and now I have to wait etc. If I buy a car… I want to get in it, start the engine and enjoy it… It is the same with themes.

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
ArsGemini says

contrastblack, thank you for your suggestions.

I just spent 55$ on a theme… I need it to work ASAP… I do not have the time to start the ticket, wait for a reply for day, someone telling me; have you tried this, have you tried that.

I will contact the author personally and ask for a refund.

3117 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

contrastblack, thank you for your suggestions.

I just spent 55$ on a theme… I need it to work ASAP… I do not have the time to start the ticket, wait for a reply for day, someone telling me; have you tried this, have you tried that.

I will contact the author personally and ask for a refund.

authors cant refund items…..

403 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
RelStudios says

If I buy something… and it’s ok and working as described, I will not request a refund. If I buy a theme, install it and it does not work as it should work… I MUST have an option to get my money back. I just bought a template that is soooo bad that even being a “wordpress developer” I have such hard time getting it to work properly. There is a general lack of quality check on Themeforest… As long as it looks good in demo, they will approve it. I am so angry right now… If I buy a theme with bugs and than get author’s reply; “We are working on it”, that does not help me much as I payed for it, and now I have to wait etc. If I buy a car… I want to get in it, start the engine and enjoy it… It is the same with themes.

HAHA Bro, are you comparing car with wordpress theme :p lol, you must be silly enough to do that :), And also you must first recheck, research about the theme before you are going to purchase, authors responsibility is to develop theme, actually he doesn’t focus only one buyer while developing a theme. So be cool and relax ;), i think it’s not a big issue and it’s totally inappropriate to refund your money back :)

by
by
by
by
by
by