268 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
girlscancode says

Hi Guys,

I just uploaded my very first item on GR (just = 3 days ago). I was so nervous and excited and now the item is “Temporarily held by the review team” :( I know this doesn’t necessarily mean something bad, but I am just dying to know the answer!!!

So, if there is someone out there with a Crystal Ball in his/her possession, please tell me: is this good enough to pass the big “exam” ?

http://www.girlscancode.com/envato/preview.jpg

343 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Artorius says

Hello there “girlscancode” – wish you had a more “personal” name:). I know exactly how you feel. I was feeling just like you when I had uploaded my first items which then got rejected. Temporarily held by the review team usually means the item is not bad but not good enough either for a quick approval. Or there could be some other problem that the reviewer might need to check (comparing with another item, asking another reviewer etc). Honestly, I would say your item is very simple and not quite alluring – you know, the background has its importance too:). If it will be rejected, don’t worry, with a little more effort you’ll make something better or who knows, much better. My latest item (which I really like) was designed after another uploaded item on the same theme (which I now totally dislike) had been rejected. So that’s the way things work. I’m looking forward into seeing more items from you. Good luck! BTW, your website’s main url doesnt work.

284 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Shellbot says

I don’t know if this has anything to do with it being held, but fyi in your shadows section two are labeled “Back Shadow 2” :)

268 posts
+2 more
girlscancode says

Hey, thanks for answering to my thread! The file was rejected, I need to use an image from the envato assets gallery – pretty stupid of me to not have done that in the first place! But come to think of it, there are some things I can do to make it look even better. Persistence is the key here! I don’t want it to only “pass” the exam, I want it to sell also, this is why I created it in the fist place!

My name is Gabriela, by the way :) And yes, I know the main website doesn’t work – I have a strange thing with that: I can’t create a simple and beautiful design for me, even though I do this for my clients every day! My mind just goes blank when I know I am doing this for me!

Thanks again, Gabriela

343 posts
+5 more
Artorius says

I know exactly how it is, doing something well for your clients but having difficulties when doing it for you. In time, with some dedication, you’ll make some interesting items here. Ah, now after some research vad ca esti romanca :)

268 posts
+2 more
girlscancode says

Haha, ce tare :)) But I didn’t notice your little flag before, did you have it?

Cool portfolio, by the way! ;)

343 posts
+5 more
Artorius says

Well, I didn’t notice your flag either:) I’ve changed mine recently. Thanks for the consideration. I’m looking forward into seeing one from you too.

by
by
by
by
by
by