505 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
theAlThemist says

Well… My f/t job is Head of Marketing and Advertising department of a company which is a part of Raiffeisenbank Bulgaria JSC … so, i think I am cocky enough :D

The first things to consider when pricing an item or service are: Costs, Market condition, uniqueness, estimated volumes which I am sure you must know. ;) The most important is may be to know your products/services really, really well and to be honest with you and your potential target with both pros and cons. ;)

It is not all about sales knowledge and experience. :)

548 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

Good points :) I’m just trying to get whatever the market will bear ;)

1383 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

Prices depends on market – not your confidence. ;)
True to a point. But you have to be cocky (confident) to a point if you expect to succeed as a salesman. Unfortunately most designers/programmers are horrible salesmen. It’s only taken me 10 years to get better at selling lol. I’m just not afraid to ask for the money I need to live anymore. At some point you just gotta tell yourself, “Look, I’m not getting out of bed for less than xxx amount of money per hour ever again”.

If you want xxx per hour then you won’t get out of the bed ever again.

548 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

Prices depends on market – not your confidence. ;)
True to a point. But you have to be cocky (confident) to a point if you expect to succeed as a salesman. Unfortunately most designers/programmers are horrible salesmen. It’s only taken me 10 years to get better at selling lol. I’m just not afraid to ask for the money I need to live anymore. At some point you just gotta tell yourself, “Look, I’m not getting out of bed for less than xxx amount of money per hour ever again”.
If you want xxx per hour then you won’t get out of the bed ever again.

Perhaps there’s a language barrier or I’m explaining badly. I just mean to say if you’re rate is 50/hr stick to your guns and don’t even entertain haggling…works for me anyway but what do I know. But for jobs less than 50/hr I’ll stay in bed and play online poker instead and make that much ;)

214 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Pandemic says

I work for a web design company and basically just code PSDs and make some edits for customers. Kind of a low stress part time job while I’m school. Anyway I make $40/hr. They charge probably $xxx/hour though.

by
by
by
by
by
by