3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Italy
Drogo2005 says

I do not recommend buying Gonzo theme by OMC: it is slow and you have to be expert to use it. I bought it because there was insufficient information before purchase.

1034 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says
I bought it because there was insufficient information before purchase.

Then it’s you should have asked a few more questions, that’s a really silly reason for buying something
355 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

so all 300+ people who rated it 5 stars are experts right? Just because YOU can’t set it up correctly doesn’t mean that it needs an expert.

3 posts
  • Italy
Drogo2005 says

I said it’s slow and this is also true for Einstein. Then I said that I am inexperienced and not good for me. If for other okay I’m happy for them. But if one has little familiarity better not to buy Gonzo. Where is the problem?

355 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

it is totally ok that you don’t like the theme, that’s why ratings are for. But I just don’t find it right to create a thread where you advise to not to buy a certain theme. You can express your opinions in form of a comment on item page itself where theme author can see it and reply to it. Now you are doing it behind his back and unless he sees this thread he can’t defend himself.
It would be ok for you if somebody had spoiled your business behind your back?

4039 posts Community Team
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Australia
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+4 more
Dzinc Staff says

Hi Drogo, this is a general open forum, the appropriate support forum for this theme can be found here.

Or, you can interact directly with the author here. The link takes you to the item’s Comments section, where you can also browse previous posts for additional information and/or troubleshooting.

Simply leave the author a quick comment and he’ll gladly point you in the right direction. Good luck.

3 posts
  • Italy
Drogo2005 says

thank you for advice. But the author only accepts post in private and not on the public forum http://themeforest.net/item/gonzo-clean-responsive-wp-magazine/discussion/2415788 Is this right? I think not. However, I liked the theme and I bought. Only that it is slow and not good for someone who has little experience. If one has a lot of experience and is able to make it go fast is a good buy and I recommend it. Hello.

1612 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+5 more
DaniMun says

[...] I liked the theme and I bought. Only that it is slow and not good for someone who has little experience. If one has a lot of experience and is able to make it go fast is a good buy and I recommend it

I mean no disrespect but I have to disagree. The theme loads fairly fast, as you can see here.

As for the “expert user” part, the buyer should possess at least minimal WordPress setup knowledge in order to benefit of all the capabilities of the theme they are going to buy. Short version – don’t buy something you’re not sure how to use.

Also, I have to agree with Lubos (PhantasiaAeterna) – you shouldn’t throw mud on the theme and/or its author, just because you’re incapable of using it. Would you shout out loud for anyone to hear that an airplane is bad just because you have no idea how to fly it? Well, technically you could, but that would be simply ridiculous. No offense.

1612 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+5 more
DaniMun says

[...] the author only accepts post in private and not on the public forum http://themeforest.net/item/gonzo-clean-responsive-wp-magazine/discussion/2415788 Is this right? I think not.

Although the authors on the Envato marketplaces are not required to provide support, the vast majority of them do. You shouldn’t feel offended just because the author have chosen to offer support on their private forum. It’s in your best interest to be polite and ask nicely for support. I know several authors who simply ignore support requests from demanding and impolite buyers. I’m not saying you’re one of them, just giving you a heads up.

323 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
-bianca- says
If threads become personal or heated towards a user, reviewer, or staff member the thread will be locked/removed and further actions may be taken. This includes calling out specific items or authors on the marketplaces, which will not be tolerated.
Isn’t it time to lock this one?
by
by
by
by
by
by