19 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
ThemesCreators says

Hi!

I have 5 WordPress theme selling on ThemeForest, the last have been approved today! But I am having some problems with my server and I think this is affecting this last theme sells.

So, I am going to move my theme demos to other hosting, but there are a lot of options… and I have few idea about technicals details.

I would like you all to make me some recomendations, please.

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

(mt) MediaTemple – Been with them for 4 years, no problems.

1484 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

asmallorange.com, great company, used by many elite authors too.

19 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
ThemesCreators says

What about more cheap plans like hostgator or dreamhost? The support is important to me, but not so much, until to now only few times I have to contact my hosting support, so my priority are the speed, downtime and problems if visits increase.

1185 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

What about more cheap plans like hostgator or dreamhost? The support is important to me, but not so much, until to now only few times I have to contact my hosting support, so my priority are the speed, downtime and problems if visits increase.

I’ve abandoned Dremhost, because of bad performance, Hostgator because they are not very serious and can ban you anytime if you get more trafic. Also I would avoid buying from companies that advertise “unlimited”. Unlimited disk space, bandwitdh does not exist.

You better look for VPS if you really want speed. I’m using ‘DigitalOcean’. ‘Linode’ is also very good.

Don’t worry if you don’t have any experience with server setups. They have good tutorials on how to setup the server. New skills never hurts. :)

Best regards, Andrei.

151 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
goofydadog says

If speed is what you want try: http://wpengine.com/

1185 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

If speed is what you want try: http://wpengine.com/
WPEngine is good, but the only thing I hate is that I’m limited only to WordPress. What if I decide later to make a theme for another CMS or a HTML template? I’m locked.
1294 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+7 more
ImanGM says

Hi,

Please check this page:

http://themeforest.net/get_hosting

I personally use site5 and it’s awesome :)

Cheers,
Iman

2063 posts
  • Located in United States
Landonw says

To be honest I only use HostGator for my clients that have already been hosted there for a long time – I strongly advise against using them as they’ve gone down hill since being purchased by EIG. It’s pretty much an everyday thing for me to receive junk offers in the mail aswell as spam emails from them offering google adsense and other things I don’t need and telling me to sign up for JustCloud.

I personally haven’t noticed issues with downtime, but I have heard their downtime has increased substantially. That being said, HostGator is a good alternative to hosts like GoDaddy.

I would recommend that you look into DigitalOcean – I won’t bother with a sales pitch as they have a pretty good one themselves :P

151 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
goofydadog says

Whatever you do stay away from 1and1. Check google for some real horror stories. They tried to do me over big time!

by
by
by
by
by
by