• Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+2 more
mixey says

Hi guys,

Can you share what hosting providers you are using? I need a new one, I was with GoDaddy and now I need a new one, I’ve googled a little bit but with no luck, companies that satisfy me with price/service trying to charge 3 YEARS in ADVANCE , in my opinion it’s kind of to long term…

Thanks!

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Oh hosting! It’s always interesting finding a new host. I’ve been with my share of terrible web hosts and was plenty fed up with it so I did a ton of research, made lots of phone calls, etc. The company I ended up going with is ServInt.net and I haven’t regretted it once.

The only troubles I’ve had with them is my own stupidity and they were patient and helpful the whole time, lol. The only downtime I’ve experienced with them was either my own fault or when they upgraded my web server for free. Every so often they upgrade everyone’s accounts without changing the price at all. It’s like Christmas because I woke up with an email about the upgrade that they completed that night. :D

These guys do the normal month to month pricing and have quite a few options available. I don’t need anything huge so I am setup on the Essential VPS at $49/m

I get 30GB HDD space, 1 TB mo/transfer, 768 MB Guaranteed RAM (burst to 1.5GB ), etc.

I’ve used their tech support quite a bit and they respond fast almost all the time (never longer than a few hours ), they have phone support for immediate help, etc.

Ok, without rambling on about how great they’ve been for me I’ll just say they’ve had customers for over 12 years. People love them and they’re the best hosting company I’ve ever hosted with.

$49/m is their lowest account though so that may be too much for some people especially if you don’t need to host more than a site or two. What are your needs and what is your budget? There are several other companies that I know of that have great reputations.

If you do want to jump on board with ServInt, throw me a bone and use my affiliate link: Servint.net Honestly, I’m not trying to sell you on these guys, just giving you my testimonial. :-)

82 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
mehrpadin says

I’m on Bluehost since two years, and all I can say is that they’re perfectionist, fantastic, and friendly.

213 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
snaz3d says

bluehost.com!

819 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
+2 more
mixey says

Thanks for the replies! I was looking for the shared hosting, VPS is a little bit to soon for me, I don’t have to much of traffic :(

Bluehost is that company that wants 36 months payment in advance :) I’m looking for month-to-month payments

208 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
AdrianMG says

I am using a VPS from Steadfast, all delegated to me.

82 posts
mehrpadin says
Bluehost is that company that wants 36 months payment in advance :) I’m looking for month-to-month payments

As far as I know, they don’t, you can pay every 3 months, however no free domain & no discount then.

171 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
myTheme says

I’m using Just Host. It’s been working for me and it’s cheap. http://www.justhost.com/

673 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Envato Staff
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Support Staff
+6 more
cudazi Staff says

I’ve been with http://www.lunarpages.com, never had any problems. I don’t know if they’re the best but support has always been fast. I’ve been hosting about a dozen domains over the last 7 or so years.

389 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
+5 more
BoxyStudio says

You usually get what you pay for, for the most part. I have a $50/month Media Template DV sever and it’s been great, definitely worth every penny. I’m running all of my template/theme previews, two client sites, Design Snack (heavy traffic site), and numerous others without a hiccup.

And no, I don’t get a commission from them, I really like them that much. ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by