951 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says

I have just registered at This* Webhost

You have the option to pay with Paypal or Credit Card, monthly or annual, different accounts which are not too expensive, and for an extra fee of $5, you have the reseller option (which I have now ;) )

Also, support gets back to you within a day, it’s friendly, and quick.

My website was up within an hour, and that is with the updating of nameservers etc.

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Honestly I have been through MANY hosting companies in my many years and can really only recommend 1 – hostdime.com – they are based in Florida and have unbelievable service levels – and I mean unbelievable – I also have a DV server at mediatemple but if you want simple setup, easy config of sites, and great immediate service media temple are not the ones – sure their equipment (not GS but DV) is good and fast but hostdime are my #1 choice – just got a new VPS there for another client and they set everything up for me – also have a reseller account there, this is probably what you are looking for.

Ultimately everyones got different expectations from hosting companies, and how much they want to get involved.

Do not let hostdimes prices put you off, they are on the cheap side of things but have their own data centers, fully backed up and run the latest equipment.

Hope this helps!

1599 posts Chris Robinson
+10 more
contempoinc says

I’ve been with MediaTemple for about 3 years now, and although they have their ups and downs. Their customer support is second to none, and pricing is very reasonable.

A few I can’t recommend, from experience with clients servers:

• HostGator
  • GoDaddy
  • Dreamhost
  • Register.it
2276 posts Bird is the word..
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I have to mention that I do not think that mediatemple.net are that fantastic when it comes to support – they are certainly not the cheapest out there (however they do appear to be the coolest image-wise) but their average reply to tickets in my experience is almost an entire day or at least 8 hours – I don’t call that great customer service – however, I will say that every issue I may of had they have certainly fixed and are nowledgeable. On the other host I mentioned (hostdime.com) I have an average wait of less than an hour.

I am no way affiliated with any of the hosting companies I mentioned – just a happy customer of both trying to give the good and bad news – on that I note I should mention that in the 8 years of being with hostdime as a reseller account they had a serious issue last year and things went belly-up for an entire day due to some major electrical issue – however major steps at their data center assure it cannot happen again and I generally get 100% uptime per week (monitored through an independent service) although sometimes it has dropped to 98.9 percent on a bad week.

Most hosts have a 30 day money back guarantee – the advise I can give (if you can afford the time and money) – setup and account and place something basic on it – get used to their server interface software and test the waters – then choose the best out of several – that way you get to test the waters and get one that suits you best.

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

MediaTemple here :) Been a happy customer for several years now.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says
You usually get what you pay for, for the most part.

Exactly.

- -

I’ve heard good things about bluehost among shared web hosting but I will never ever never never ever go back to shared hosting so I don’t have any experience with them.

I also would never go with Media Temple because I think I’ve heard more complaints on Twitter about people’s websites going down quite frequently than any other host. Maybe you just have to get a higher level account so you don’t experience that or something.

Anyway, if you want to research web hosts and find something that suites you the best, check out http://www.webhostingtalk.com It’s just a forum where people share their experiences, get help on hosting, etc. Tons of information and really helpful people there. :-)

1599 posts Chris Robinson
+10 more
contempoinc says
I have to mention that I do not think that mediatemple.net are that fantastic when it comes to support

I always call in, and the problem is usually solved within minutes while I’m on the phone with them. I never use the ticket support system because I like talking to people directly and appreciate instant gratification ;)

I also would never go with Media Temple because I think I’ve heard more complaints on Twitter about people’s websites going down quite frequently than any other host. Maybe you just have to get a higher level account so you don’t experience that or something.

Most of the complaints you here are from people on their GridServers, and they’ve had some issues in the past with clusters going down, etc…but the servers are never down for too long. I think the longest downtime I’ve experienced is about an hour or two, and that was way back when the (gs) product was first introduced.

Never had an issue with their (dv) servers though.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says
Most of the complaints you here are from people on their GridServers, and they’ve had some issues in the past with clusters going down, etc…but the servers are never down for too long. I think the longest downtime I’ve experienced is about an hour or two, and that was way back when the (gs) product was first introduced. Never had an issue with their (dv) servers though.

Yup, most of them were from GS users but some were from DV users. I’ve heard a lot of great stuff about MT but I’ve also heard a lot of negative reviews. Plus, for the price of their DV servers, the specs don’t stack up against some other web hosts.

17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
FEATHERcoding says

Hey mixey please tell me why do you want to change GoDaddy hosting? What went wrong? I host my sites with them ‘cause a friend recommended me them and had no problem yet and I was thinking to pay them to transfer to “UNLIMITED+ PLAN ” so I would really like to know is something really bad with them or you just want better hosting? :) Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by