4598 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

See Bedros is a good guy, nothing to worry about :) I actually don’t mind when people comment on my items, it use to be totally normal a few years ago when everyone respected each other.

By now that exposure is so important everyone takes things incredibly seriously. But I’d say this is Envato’s fault because this use to be a fun creative site, but now it’s become quite cut-throat due to the decreasing amount of exposure available to new items.

1520 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

@Bedros Why do you take this like a personal insult ?

Hi friends,

No no, it was not the reason that I’ve posted into this thread, I mean it.

The reason was, it was obvious that my behaviour has caused some inconvenience for a fellow author (and that is really the last thing I want to do here.), and this was my way to fix it.
It was just my way to apologize.
Anyway, I never thought like a fellow auhtor was insulting to me or any other author.
Not even for a second :)

Wish you all the best, friends,
Kind Regards,
Bedros

517 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Slovakia
+3 more
LubosVolovar says

We have a new GLWS superstar. I have just checked last 20 items and he have his “sincere” comment in each of them except one. Funny thing is that this one item, where he forgot to add his ad, is probably the best of those 20 (highly subjective).

But I agree with Bedros that “copy/paste comments are less dangerous than copy/paste designs”.

101 posts Live Long and Prosper
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
DryThemes says

When I GLWS someone I really mean it (from my heart) and I have no problem when some author GLWS me via item comments. I do not do that often, just on items that I like. So, I assume it’s subjective…

232 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themeflame says

Great post, 10/10, would read again.

GLWR.

5339 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

It would be up to each author if they wanted to remove these kinds of posts and if they consider them spam. It’s a simple process of flagging them and letting us know why.

We agree that if authors are only posting GLWS messages randomly in a futile effort to increase clicks to their profile pages, that is definitely spam and will be dealt with accordingly. But surprisingly enough, there are authors out there who are genuinely excited about your new items and would like to wish you success in your sales :)

572 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

It would be up to each author if they wanted to remove these kinds of posts and if they consider them spam. It’s a simple process of flagging them and letting us know why.
The problem with this is that if your item has just been released and a comment is flagged, potential buyers may think that the author is trying to hide some bug or defect with the theme.
2024 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

... But surprisingly enough, there are authors out there who are genuinely excited about your new items and would like to wish you success in your sales :)

I don’t think these authors are that excited Travis. The same author(s) post (the same) comment on every (I mean every) item. I doubt that they like every item.

I rarely spend time commenting GLWS but when I do I’m really impressed by the work and I have to mentioned it.

Just saying

982 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

I am not a ThemeForest author, but I look at the new themes daily. I know exactly about which authors we are talking about here….

I don’t practice this, but….

I must ask, why GLWS does bother you as a ThemeForest author? Because of the emails received that tell you that a new comment is there? You can choose to not answer to these comments….

Perhaps you think that if the competition leaves a comment on your item, the buyers will also have a look at their portfolio and it’s a kind of advertisement for the compettion? I don’t think buyers take it this way.

Personally when I see known TF authors congratulating others with GLWS, I always think that it must be indeed a great item, so I always take a look at the demo. I’m saying that perhaps these GLWS might in fact help you.

5339 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

I don’t think these authors are that excited Travis. The same author(s) post (the same) comment on every (I mean every) item. I doubt that they like every item.

Then those are the comments you should be flagging so we can investigate further and contact the author personally :)

by
by
by
by
by
by