320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
SuggeElson
says

... But surprisingly enough, there are authors out there who are genuinely excited about your new items and would like to wish you success in your sales :)

I don’t think these authors are that excited Travis. The same author(s) post (the same) comment on every (I mean every) item. I doubt that they like every item.

I rarely spend time commenting GLWS but when I do I’m really impressed by the work and I have to mentioned it.

Just saying

Total true, if i`m impressed by some template / plugin etc i let the author know this is some kind of motivation ot authors.

200 posts straight to the art designs
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has referred 200+ members
+9 more
arrowthemes
says

... But surprisingly enough, there are authors out there who are genuinely excited about your new items and would like to wish you success in your sales :)

I don’t think these authors are that excited Travis. The same author(s) post (the same) comment on every (I mean every) item. I doubt that they like every item.

I rarely spend time commenting GLWS but when I do I’m really impressed by the work and I have to mentioned it.

Just saying
Total true, if i`m impressed by some template / plugin etc i let the author know this is some kind of motivation ot authors.

I once saw a “Great work, you nailed it bro! You are the best. GLWS ;)” message and the demo link of that item wasn’t even working….with no screenshots at all. :|

121 posts Norris & Tanita
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
ThemeVillage
says

But surprisingly enough, there are authors out there who are genuinely excited about your new items and would like to wish you success in your sales :)

I know. And that’s why I see a problem there. When real authors comment, I have to a bit of digging to see if the author actually meant it or is it just another spam comment. It’s like looking for a date in a strip club….

It’s not that I have a particular problem with other spamming on “our stuff”. I don’t really care, but I’m starting not-to care generally about the sincere authors who comment, because “it’s probably just another spammy comment”. It’s an issue for the future of the community, not a personal one, which I think is actually something Envato should think about a little… Collis wanted to focus on the community in the future after all…

And I’m also at times genuinely excited about new items, and I have to admit I’ve actually refrained from commenting on them because it might look spammy ( because sometimes all I can say is “Wow!” without any further comment that would make my comment look not-spammy ).

Bottom line: I agree with the authors about “not caring” for spammy comments, but “not caring” builds up a community of people who are “not caring” – see the issue ?

by
by
by
by
by
by