15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
Spnoy says

It would be up to each author if they wanted to remove these kinds of posts and if they consider them spam. It’s a simple process of flagging them and letting us know why. We agree that if authors are only posting GLWS messages randomly in a futile effort to increase clicks to their profile pages, that is definitely spam and will be dealt with accordingly. But surprisingly enough, there are authors out there who are genuinely excited about your new items and would like to wish you success in your sales :)

I think some really author that has been excited about some works should write in some other way, like “seriously good job seriously GLWS and really great design dude, I mean it, really! I really love it, but if you want you can flag it or I flag it for you as you wish. P.S. This is NOT spam” ;)

315 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
SuggeElson says

... But surprisingly enough, there are authors out there who are genuinely excited about your new items and would like to wish you success in your sales :)

I don’t think these authors are that excited Travis. The same author(s) post (the same) comment on every (I mean every) item. I doubt that they like every item.

I rarely spend time commenting GLWS but when I do I’m really impressed by the work and I have to mentioned it.

Just saying

Total true, if i`m impressed by some template / plugin etc i let the author know this is some kind of motivation ot authors.

177 posts straight to the art designs
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
arrowthemes says

... But surprisingly enough, there are authors out there who are genuinely excited about your new items and would like to wish you success in your sales :)

I don’t think these authors are that excited Travis. The same author(s) post (the same) comment on every (I mean every) item. I doubt that they like every item.

I rarely spend time commenting GLWS but when I do I’m really impressed by the work and I have to mentioned it.

Just saying
Total true, if i`m impressed by some template / plugin etc i let the author know this is some kind of motivation ot authors.

I once saw a “Great work, you nailed it bro! You are the best. GLWS ;)” message and the demo link of that item wasn’t even working….with no screenshots at all. :|

100 posts Norris & Tanita
  • Elite Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
ThemeVillage says

But surprisingly enough, there are authors out there who are genuinely excited about your new items and would like to wish you success in your sales :)

I know. And that’s why I see a problem there. When real authors comment, I have to a bit of digging to see if the author actually meant it or is it just another spam comment. It’s like looking for a date in a strip club….

It’s not that I have a particular problem with other spamming on “our stuff”. I don’t really care, but I’m starting not-to care generally about the sincere authors who comment, because “it’s probably just another spammy comment”. It’s an issue for the future of the community, not a personal one, which I think is actually something Envato should think about a little… Collis wanted to focus on the community in the future after all…

And I’m also at times genuinely excited about new items, and I have to admit I’ve actually refrained from commenting on them because it might look spammy ( because sometimes all I can say is “Wow!” without any further comment that would make my comment look not-spammy ).

Bottom line: I agree with the authors about “not caring” for spammy comments, but “not caring” builds up a community of people who are “not caring” – see the issue ?

by
by
by
by
by
by