11 posts
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
D2webdesigns says

I want to start submitting .PSD templates for sale but I wanted to purchase a .PSD template first to see what I should do for setup and presentation.

Now, without saying.. MINE MINE MINE … could people please post what they thought was a good template to use as a reference for setting up my templates?

If you purchased templates from here, what about that .PSD file did you like? I’m not talking designs, I’m just looking for what makes a good .PSD file so I can model my designs after their setup (layer names, # of layers, etc).

164 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
tonyc says

Just read the .psd instructions. They should answer most of your questions.

http://themeforest.net/upload/help?type=psd-templates

130 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
lukk says

Well it’s a good idea to make sure to name all of your layers and group them together so that it’s easier for the user, it takes some time but I find it’s very much worth it at the end.

Also make sure to delete any useless layers so that not to confuse the user.

11 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
D2webdesigns says

Thanks Tonyc, I reviewed that and it’s a decent start but I want to make sure that whatever I end up putting up there follows the lead of a good .psd file already established.

If I can’t find anything that works I’ll just give it a go and wish for the best =D

164 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
tonyc says

Or you can download “typebased” a free theme from Woothemes and in the archive you will find a .psd file of the theme that is neatly organised.

http://www.woothemes.com/2008/11/typebased/

11 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
D2webdesigns says

EXACTLY what I was looking for, thanks a ton TonyC. Thankfully I already do most of that with my .PSD files, in fact I use much more detail on naming my layers and setup. Hopefully I can get some going soon… thanks again!

by
by
by
by
by
by