339 posts Andre28 - Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
andre28 says

i do not understand one thing: when it says “Default URL” should i use “www.graphicriver.net/user/andre28” or something else?

403 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
BoxyStudio says

i do not understand one thing: when it says “Default URL” should i use “www.graphicriver.net/user/andre28” or something else?

You can really use anything. I just put http://themeforest.net and it’s working fine.

339 posts Andre28 - Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+4 more
andre28 says

ok thanks :)

1791 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

If anyone has any more guides or advices, please post them here, I’m still looking here and there, trying to find new stuff that can help me :)

Too bad most of the search traffic comes from logged-in users and we can’t see the words searched

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+7 more
purethemes says

If anyone has any more guides or advices, please post them here, I’m still looking here and there, trying to find new stuff that can help me :)
+1

I click in GA and I have no idea what I’m doing :D I wonder why I have just 8 conversions for yesterday while it should be 3 times more.

2276 posts Bird is the word..
+8 more
jonathan01 says

This only a great gift for elite authors who know and understand how to use google analytics to their benefit. I am Google Analytics certified and a large majority of companies we do business with do not fully understand how to utilize GA to it’s fullest potential.

This seems like a nice present for elite authors who understand and are GA certified but other authors may not know a thing about Google analytics. They will not understand how to create custom reports and how to properly use advanced segments and filters. There are so many things involved with Google Analytics that require a lot of time and dedication to learn how to use it to it’s fullest potential.

Questions:

- Is ecommerce tracking setup for the users who put their UA code in your system? - Is event tracking in place for the authors homepage and item pages? - Are their IP exclusion filters setup for Envato home office and other employee’s? - Has anyone created shared custom reports to help authors get started without understanding how to fully use GA? - Is there documentation setup for authors on how to create conversion goals with funnel visualization to find out where abandonment is happening? - Is tracking going to work on multiple top-level domains?

I’ve clicked the request a staff reply as I’m very interested in the feedback you gave for sure and I am also wanting some further info on reports and details behind things for sure. I’m all for learning from someone who knows how things work rather than just accepting this gift and not knowing how to utilize it to my benefit, otherwise I don’t think this will really be useful.

Thanks for your input!

Jonathan

PS – Am I the only one who doesn’t quite understand how this will actually help me? What I mean is, because the Envato marketplaces are rigid with rules and regulations I’m not sure I can even act upon any info I gain from the reports. Usually I could look at my own stats and see search terms, then see pages and length on pages and even follow through a cart system – from all that info I can add focus to pages, products and even alter things in the flow of the shopping cart etc but of course I have no search info in these stats, I can’t alter prices, I can’t add focus to my pages and there currently is no cart etc and I can’t see and what point they exited – I don’t want to sound like a Debbie downer here at all, I WANT to use the info to help but I’m struggling to understand how this is possible. Seems more like, oh look 16 people looking at that theme, oh they all went away again….

1599 posts Chris Robinson
+10 more
contempoinc says

This only a great gift for elite authors who know and understand how to use google analytics to their benefit. I am Google Analytics certified and a large majority of companies we do business with do not fully understand how to utilize GA to it’s fullest potential.

This seems like a nice present for elite authors who understand and are GA certified but other authors may not know a thing about Google analytics. They will not understand how to create custom reports and how to properly use advanced segments and filters. There are so many things involved with Google Analytics that require a lot of time and dedication to learn how to use it to it’s fullest potential.

Questions:

- Is ecommerce tracking setup for the users who put their UA code in your system? - Is event tracking in place for the authors homepage and item pages? - Are their IP exclusion filters setup for Envato home office and other employee’s? - Has anyone created shared custom reports to help authors get started without understanding how to fully use GA? - Is there documentation setup for authors on how to create conversion goals with funnel visualization to find out where abandonment is happening? - Is tracking going to work on multiple top-level domains?

I’ve clicked the request a staff reply as I’m very interested in the feedback you gave for sure and I am also wanting some further info on reports and details behind things for sure. I’m all for learning from someone who knows how things work rather than just accepting this gift and not knowing how to utilize it to my benefit, otherwise I don’t think this will really be useful.

Thanks for your input!

Jonathan

PS – Am I the only one who doesn’t quite understand how this will actually help me? What I mean is, because the Envato marketplaces are rigid with rules and regulations I’m not sure I can even act upon any info I gain from the reports. Usually I could look at my own stats and see search terms, then see pages and length on pages and even follow through a cart system – from all that info I can add focus to pages, products and even alter things in the flow of the shopping cart etc but of course I have no search info in these stats, I can’t alter prices, I can’t add focus to my pages and there currently is no cart etc and I can’t see and what point they exited – I don’t want to sound like a Debbie downer here at all, I WANT to use the info to help but I’m struggling to understand how this is possible. Seems more like, oh look 16 people looking at that theme, oh they all went away again….

+1

113 posts I know Chuck
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+5 more
kotofey says

Questions:

Thanks for your input!

Jonathan

+1

+2

3100 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

Go to Traffic Sources > Sources > Referrals > then click “Ecommerce” up near the top. Click to sort via the various columns.

This will show you which websites are referring you the most money – and may be a good place to invest more advertising / links. For example, I found a couple of extremely high conversion rates on a few websitse I didn’t think were performing at all. Turns out most people who come to TF/CC from that website end up buying. So I’ll push this site more.

3100 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

Go to Traffic Sources > Sources > Search > Overview > then click “Ecommerce” up near the top, and then change “Primary Dimension” to “Keyword”.

This will show you what search keywords are generating the money overall.

by
by
by
by
by
by