131 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeWork says

I just tested Google Glass a couple of days ago…i was expecting more from it, i like it how it responds to your voice even in a noisy room and the vibrating technique used for voice output, but all together it’s still a pretty useless piece.

They are working with ray ban to create designed Google Glass, if they do that i might consider having one just ‘to have one’ :p ..what do you guys think?

359 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
kops says

I shudder to think about a street full of people and all I can hear is people saying ‘OK Glass’.

The main problems I have are price, need and design. Price-wise at $1500 they don’t represent any value for money at all since there is no killer-use for them. They don’t enhance anything or create anything new, they just replace existing technologies and sketchily, at that.

Their initial sales are going to be be to people who just ‘want one’. There is no real reason to buy a pair, nothing they can do that you can’t do at the moment with a phone. The possibilities for Glass far outweigh what it’s currently capable of.

Design-wise, they just look silly. They should either be invisible or styled like a cool pair of normal spectacles.

Augmented reality is undoubtedly the future and this is the first entry into this market but I’d hold off on getting a pair until they actually filled a hole in my life and made me need them rather than want them, came down in price and looked a hell of a lot better.

131 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeWork says

true, but the price will be around the same as a high end smartphone 6/700 not 1500, they allready have made 6 versions in the last 2 years, the only thing that is great is the navigation/map when walking somewhere to find for instance the nearest starbucks.

Plus it records almost panoramic when looking back at the video it really looks like the way you look with your own eyes which is pretty cool.

the rest is kinda obsolete

954 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

I suppose they are cool when you want to record something and you dont want to be disturbed by looking at the camera or holding it. And yes, maps.

740 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

I imagine they can be great while driving a car: speedo, directions… front right camera :D

296 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
crossroad says

I just tested Google Glass a couple of days ago…
Hope your experience was different than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_X6EyqXa2s
954 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

I imagine they can be great while driving a car: speedo, directions… front right camera :D

And even better for crashing

243 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+4 more
glutenfree4u says

I shudder to think about a street full of people and all I can hear is people saying ‘OK Glass’.

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by