Hey everyone, just wondering why /wp-includes directories are being indexed on my site? It’s kind of embarrassing that you can see various directories and their contents:
So what happened? My site runs fine but did I install it incorrectly? And how do I fix this? Thanks!
- Community Moderator
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
You can bloack those pages with robots.txt . Bloacks with bots will not index any url which you listed in that file.
check out google webmastertools robots.txt, Disallow: /wp-includes/
you could use robots.txt to dissallow: wp-includes/ wp-admin/
or you could put htaccess with : Options -Indexes on wp-includes directory