• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

First they killed Bloglines a few years ago, now Google Reader… :( I don’t wanna change my morning ritual! :D

Btw, question for anyone using feedly: can I create an independent account there? It only syncs with my Google Reader, but when it gets shut down, I’ll lose everything. Am I missing something here?

7208 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

what google don’t understands is that facebook got so many users in the beginning because of media coverage. Facebook was everywhere on the news and media promoted the website to casual internet users. Everyone wanted to have a facebook account because it was the cool thing of the moment.

Now google thinks they can get more users on google plus by cutting valid services one by one. I’m sure their plan is to move everything to plus, even gmail or the search engine. They will just create a big mess.

History repeats itself and we can’t do nothing about it. google got big because they removed the webpage clutter, in a time where each page had a billion of information all over the place they just put that search box with nothing else around. Now they move to clutter everything back together.

229 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
ichurakov says
1083 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Smartik says

what google don’t understands is that facebook got so many users in the beginning because of media coverage. Facebook was everywhere on the news and media promoted the website to casual internet users. Everyone wanted to have a facebook account because it was the cool thing of the moment.

Now google thinks they can get more users on google plus by cutting valid services one by one. I’m sure their plan is to move everything to plus, even gmail or the search engine. They will just create a big mess.

History repeats itself and we can’t do nothing about it. google got big because they removed the webpage clutter, in a time where each page had a billion of information all over the place they just put that search box with nothing else around. Now they move to clutter everything back together.
Absolutely true.
434 posts here for love
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • India
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
nCrafts says

With the replacement of Andy Rubin from the helm of Android, we can expect some big and fundamental changes there as well.

I think they are trying to integrate almost everything into one functioning whole to trap us in their ecosystem. I can see MS and Apple trying to do the same.

64 posts
  • India
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
rerror says

why..??

2089 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I think they are trying to integrate almost everything into one functioning whole to trap us in their ecosystem. I can see MS and Apple trying to do the same.

Well, they just lost (at least) one of the users trapped into their bubble – me. Because Google Reader was simple and effective. All other apps I’ve tried out today (quite a few) are all so annoying! Especially Google Currents, no wonder it has so few users.

639 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Haiti
Crakken says

Doru, you are my hero.

727 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
josweb says
1252 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
Pricop says

Glad it doesn’t affect me as I did not used this service, and never liked it.

by
by
by
by
by
by