2184 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

First they killed Bloglines a few years ago, now Google Reader… :( I don’t wanna change my morning ritual! :D

Btw, question for anyone using feedly: can I create an independent account there? It only syncs with my Google Reader, but when it gets shut down, I’ll lose everything. Am I missing something here?

7656 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

what google don’t understands is that facebook got so many users in the beginning because of media coverage. Facebook was everywhere on the news and media promoted the website to casual internet users. Everyone wanted to have a facebook account because it was the cool thing of the moment.

Now google thinks they can get more users on google plus by cutting valid services one by one. I’m sure their plan is to move everything to plus, even gmail or the search engine. They will just create a big mess.

History repeats itself and we can’t do nothing about it. google got big because they removed the webpage clutter, in a time where each page had a billion of information all over the place they just put that search box with nothing else around. Now they move to clutter everything back together.

286 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
ichurakov says
1210 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

what google don’t understands is that facebook got so many users in the beginning because of media coverage. Facebook was everywhere on the news and media promoted the website to casual internet users. Everyone wanted to have a facebook account because it was the cool thing of the moment.

Now google thinks they can get more users on google plus by cutting valid services one by one. I’m sure their plan is to move everything to plus, even gmail or the search engine. They will just create a big mess.

History repeats itself and we can’t do nothing about it. google got big because they removed the webpage clutter, in a time where each page had a billion of information all over the place they just put that search box with nothing else around. Now they move to clutter everything back together.
Absolutely true.
446 posts here for love
  • Won a competition
+7 more
nCrafts says

With the replacement of Andy Rubin from the helm of Android, we can expect some big and fundamental changes there as well.

I think they are trying to integrate almost everything into one functioning whole to trap us in their ecosystem. I can see MS and Apple trying to do the same.

64 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
rerror says

why..??

2184 posts
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

I think they are trying to integrate almost everything into one functioning whole to trap us in their ecosystem. I can see MS and Apple trying to do the same.

Well, they just lost (at least) one of the users trapped into their bubble – me. Because Google Reader was simple and effective. All other apps I’ve tried out today (quite a few) are all so annoying! Especially Google Currents, no wonder it has so few users.

639 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Crakken says

Doru, you are my hero.

742 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Located in United Kingdom
+7 more
josweb says
1291 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
+8 more
Pricop says

Glad it doesn’t affect me as I did not used this service, and never liked it.

by
by
by
by
by
by