16 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
themeboutique says

Today Google launched the beta for their new “Google Web Designer” app:

https://www.google.com/webdesigner/

I haven’t had much time to play around with the features yet, but the CSS3 animation engine is pretty impressive. It feels a bit strange trying to create animations through a UI instead of with raw code, but the idea seems promising to say the least (the interface reminds me of Flash).

I figured users here on the marketplaces might be interested in downloading the app so thought I’d post a link. :)

619 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

There’s also Adobe Edge for creating CSS animations, but this google tool looks amazing. It was/is a matter of time before these tools show(ed) up.

For some reason CSS animation ‘feels’ better when doing it coding style at the moment – but again it could be a matter of time before tools like this become standard like flash was one day :)

619 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

ps: Just found out i can’t use the Google tool on my snow leopard machine. It requires at least version 10.7 ( lion ), bommer….

16 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
themeboutique says
For some reason CSS animation ‘feels’ better when doing it coding style at the moment – but again it could be a matter of time before tools like this become standard like flash was one day :)

Agreed. :) Google’s app has both a “code view” and “design view” available, so developers can edit the markup if needed—the process feels unnatural to me, it would definitely take some getting used to.

I think there will be a need for people who can write HTML/CSS by hand for a long time yet, but I can see a tool like this being attractive to people who don’t want to spend a lot of money on a website (ie. ThemeForest customers) if the templating engine is improved and more components are added.

If the ability to build/save custom components (for example, integrate Bootstrap elements) is ever added, the app could have a huge impact front-end web development. Designers won’t need us anymore. :(

4377 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi folks, it seems we have a recent ongoing discussion regarding this topic in our Global Off Topic section. In order to prevent multiple threads, could you please direct any/all comments/feedback to this thread?

Thank you so much and keep up the great contributions!

by
by
by
by
by
by