2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

Just reading a intressting article, google will place the sites that runner faster, higher in google.

Read the whole story http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2010/04/using-site-speed-in-web-search-ranking.html

EDIT : hit the submit button to fast, sorry drew, its the wrong category ;)

960 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

i agree it would be neat as a filter, but I can’t see how it affects a sites “relavancy” just because it’s slower.

This means that the folks who’ve started developing sites that use high quality graphics and video to actually IMPROVE the user experience, are now going to be punished in favour of a more bland internet.

Don’t do it Google!

1877 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Just a quote for those “rushers” who don’t read articles from start to end ;)

...fewer than 1% of search queries are affected by the site speed signal in our implementation.

I swear if I hear some noob telling me I should optimize something because “you didn’t know? google is now putting faster sites on top of SERPs, ho ho ho” I will do something not nice…

960 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

LOL :-) I must admit I skim read it but you’re right. It’s like a Clients From Hell story i can just see it now – it’s almost as bad as that “make the links the same colour”...”but the user wont know its a link”...”its seo, google will know its a link” LOL .

1734 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

Matt Cutts itself has explained that when they’re talking about slow sites, they mean REALLY slow. So if the “sort by speed” ever happens, it’ll bring down in the SERP websites with loading time for example 5 minutes. :)

We’re not talking about speed competing here, but excluding some Antarctica-based servers. :D

315 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+6 more
bitpub says

For Google great content is king.

Keep adding quality content frequently, develop a balanced profile of backlinks, don’t do black hat tricks and apply the rest of the common sense seo stuff and you will be ok. Stick to the proven basics and do stuff because it helps the visitors and not just for the search engines, at least that is the way I go about things. All the other stuff comes and goes.

As far as speed what is important is to have the site online and available for crawling when the google bot comes.

Plus, haven’t you guys already been optimizing your websites to squeeze a decent load speed? Since hosts offer unlimited bandwidth some people have become lazy thats true, Maybe they are training to scare some of them with this.

by
by
by
by
by
by