4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
dingdong555 says

Hey there.

Love your templates!

I just bought a hosting area which I’ll be using for my computer business, it comes free with OsCommerce etc… and a CMS . Now, I have a few questions. ( www.justhost.com is the website)

I’d love to be able to have a page where computers can be customized, like on DELL HERE – lt=alienware”>http://configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=au&l=en&s=dhs&cs=audhs1&kc=&oc=S211010AU&lt=alienware

And then have a checkout cart etc… I want the parts to be easily changed from the admin panel so I can change them if needed, I’d also love a good quality home page with some ABOUT ME info etc…

The problem is, I have NO IDEA how to install anything, if you can help, it’d be great and I’d pay you a extra ontop of your template fees!

Thanks,

James.

155 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Warll says

I hate to break it to you but your going to need to hire a programmer, while there are ready made scripts like [removed] you’ll want them integrated.

I imagine that the best solution would be to use a theme from here and hire someone to integrate the script I linked into your website.

Other work would be needed, basically, I don’t know if you realize this, but the templates on theme forest are best when at-least slightly customized.

The simple fact of the matter is that you will have to spent some decent cash or learn html/css and programming.

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
dingdong555 says

Oh ok, thanks for the reply :)

Any idea where to get a cheapo freelancer programmer? :-)

155 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Warll says

Well you’ll either be looking at hiring a western student or someone from, a nation with lower living costs.

I suggest you work out a budget, basicly how much is this feature really worth to your business. Then make some posts on some job boards.

Nearly any of the freelancer market places will have an excellent supply of, people living in lower living cost nations, and some students. As will Digital Point forums as well.

I’ll caution you though, there are scammers out there and a large percentage of respondents will not be skilled enough to get the job done.

Really if you have to try and squeeze the budget then your business likely cannot justify the feature. If you are still set on going as cheap as possible then do yourself a favor and budget for some aspirin. Ok that is a bit alarmist but really there is nothing wrong with being to small.

by
by
by
by
by
by