565 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

btw. You mentioned ProjectSAM. I very much love their products as well. Some of their smaller libraries (Concert Harp and Organ Mystique for example) are just great. I never use anything else for harps than their Concert Harp :) Now I had actually been thinking to invest in Lumina (seems nice for quick inspiration, with a lovely lush sound), yet I choose a more foundation-alike thing like sevearl EWQL-libs.

2183 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+5 more
gballx says

btw. You mentioned ProjectSAM. I very much love their products as well. Some of their smaller libraries (Concert Harp and Organ Mystique for example) are just great. I never use anything else for harps than their Concert Harp :) Now I had actually been thinking to invest in Lumina (seems nice for quick inspiration, with a lovely lush sound), yet I choose a more foundation-alike thing like sevearl EWQL-libs.

I have Symphobia 1 & 2, Orchestral Brass Classic and also Lumina and all are great. I do want True Strike 1 & 2 but my mate Blankster has got me interested in Spitfire samples libraries.

866 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

I do want True Strike 1 & 2 but my mate Blankster has got me interested in Spitfire samples libraries.

Graham, I just went through an evaluation of True Strike vs. Spitfire Percussion and I chose the latter because I found it more versatile. Both sound excellent but I found True Strike a bit more aggressive while the Spitfire offering seemed to be a bit better rounded for my purposes.

I also recommend the Loegria library of the Albion series. I actually find it perfect for corporate work as well as orchestral stuff.

Meanwhile, I sent off a lovely letter to EastWest and iLok concerning this complete debacle. You can put me on the list of those avoiding anything iLok for a while. They have lost a lot of credibility in my mind.

1185 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

Update from the Gearslutz thread.

UPDATE: June 25, 2013 14:00 PST

This warning is no longer in effect.

The iLok (PACE) license database issues have been resolved.

The iLok License Manager software is working as expected.

Known Issues:

Problem: Installation of iLok License Manager software fails

Solution: Un-install all previous versions of iLok/PACE software first, then re-install iLM

(Restart your computer after installing iLok License Manager )

Problem : After restarting the iLok is not visible in iLok License Manager or your DAW

Solution : Un-install all previous versions of iLok/PACE software, then re-install iLM

(Restart your computer after installing iLok License Manager )

Problem : Licenses missing from iLok

Solution : Perform a Sync/Repair in iLok License Manager

(If this does not work, contact iLok (PACE) directly: https://www.ilok.com )

Problem : Unable to transfer license

Solution : Contact iLok (PACE) directly: https://www.ilok.com

For ALL unresolved iLok support issues, contact iLok (PACE) directly: https://www.ilok.com

Un-install Procedure

MAC

1. Open the LicenseSupportInstallerMac_v2.0.0 disk image: http://installers.ilok.com/iloklicen...stallerMac.zip

2. Run the “Uninstall License Support” application

3. Drag the following items (if present) to the Trash:

• Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences > com.paceap.eden.clientdb.v1.01.sdb

• Macintosh HD > Users > your_user_name > Library > Caches > com.paceap.iLokLicenseManager <- folder

• Macintosh HD > Users > your_user_name > Library > Preferences > com.paceap.iLokLicenseManager.plist

4. Restart your Mac

WINDOWS

1. Select and uninstall all programs beginning with PACE>

• Windows XP: How to change or remove a program in Windows XP

• Windows Vista: Uninstall or change a program

• Windows 7: Uninstall or change a program

• Windows 8: Uninstall or change a program

2. After uninstalling each program, restart the computer

3. Delete the following items (if present): - C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\PaceAP <- folder - C:\ProgramData\PACE <- folder

565 posts
+3 more
Coriiander says

It definately is not fixed. Quite a coincidence I loose all my licenses on the day that it’s supposedly fixed. I actually reinstalled my entire computer, format included (had to reinstall anyway). I also tried on an another computer, to check if it’s a 32-bit issue, but nada. No, this definately isn’t fixed. Still no reply from the company either. Thank you for your reply though. I think it’s nice to see how the AJ-people can discuss things :)

2183 posts
+5 more
gballx says

Thanks Michael for this info – very useful to me Wow Gareth that is some comprehensive reporting there – EW came through license just awaiting a resolution to my Storm Drum 2 PRO upgrade expansion problem – Invalid or Expired license. Any ideas?

2183 posts
+5 more
gballx says

EW license support came through and now I am back up and running!

565 posts
+3 more
Coriiander says

That’s great to hear gball. I’m happy for you :) I still haven’t had any reply whatsoever. As expected tbh. And when I magically get some reply sometime in the future, I’m very afraid it will be a total no-brainer like: turn off your firewall and if that does not work contact us again (< insert another period of waiting >; rinse & repeat).

2183 posts
+5 more
gballx says

That’s great to hear gball. I’m happy for you :) I still haven’t had any reply whatsoever. As expected tbh. And when I magically get some reply sometime in the future, I’m very afraid it will be a total no-brainer like: turn off your firewall and if that does not work contact us again (< insert another period of waiting >; rinse & repeat).
What I did was send a provisional email to EW support – got a case number – then emailed licensing@eastwestsounds.com with the case number and brief message. Then waited a couple of hours and then resent the same message again. I got new activations for two products really quickly. Just keep emailing them the same message – it worked for me! I hope you get your problems sorted very quickly – good luck to you.
curtisschweitzer
curtisschweitzer Recent Posts Threads Started
70 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
curtisschweitzer says

I had this same problem with QL Pianos—apparently iLok updated their servers and now EW’s AuthWizard doesn’t work. Just contact their licensing support email and they’ll approve your samples within 24 hours and drop it into your iLok account.

Irritating, but at least fixable.

by
by
by
by
by
by