460 posts
  • Austria
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
iHelp says

Hi Protest, i’m not sure how are you familiar with PayPal interface, maybe i have a solution for you for further relations between you and clients. Please email me for details, this feature is integrated inside PayPal and there is no extra costs.

Maybe it would help others if you posted it to the forums?

2061 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+3 more
Creattive says

Hi Protest, i’m not sure how are you familiar with PayPal interface, maybe i have a solution for you for further relations between you and clients. Please email me for details, this feature is integrated inside PayPal and there is no extra costs.
Maybe it would help others if you posted it to the forums?

+1

1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

use a programmers’ site that has built-in escrow, and don’t do lots of work for unknown people; always get half upfront

152 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
easydevelopment says

Not sure what is going on, I just realised I started both posts with a < and followed by an i

^ the above is < followed by i and seems to have ignited a black hole in the forums llol

Just PHP strip_tags

3903 posts After Effects Templates
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
miseld says

I will try to explain but it’s little complicated

First option and easy way is to generate and send invoice inside PayPal. In this case when a client open dispute Paypal will know that you receive money from a client for a service (in your case client sent you money via PayPal without any coverage on your side). Chances are bigger to get case solved in your favor

Second option You need to create “Buy Now” button – and customize it to redirect client after the payment to download the file. In this case you legally get the money from the client for your service and when dispute is open paypal will also know what’s going on.

Note: These both options are better than receiving money on your PayPal account without any coverage.

I hope this will help you.

353 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Protest says

First option and easy way is to generate and send invoice inside PayPal. In this case when a client open dispute Paypal will know that you receive money from a client for a service (in your case client sent you money via PayPal without any coverage on your side). Chances are bigger to get case solved in your favor

Second option You need to create “Buy Now” button – and customize it to redirect client after the payment to download the file. In this case you legally get the money from the client for your service and when dispute is open paypal will also know what’s going on.

Note: These both options are better than receiving money on your PayPal account without any coverage.

Thank you. These are both very good tips and I will definitely use them in the future. But how does sending an invoice help me against an unauthorized payment dispute? In other words, when the buyer claims that someone else used his money and he didn’t authorize this transaction.

• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
miseld says

Thank you. These are both very good tips and I will definitely use them in the future. But how does sending an invoice help me against an unauthorized payment dispute? In other words, when the buyer claims that someone else used his money and he didn’t authorize this transaction.
PayPal have IP addresses and they always can check is the payment made from the same place/computer or its stolen account. You can contact them via Twitter and ask for call back, i was in the similar situation 2 years ago.
331 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
Gewora says

PayPal is a fraud itself. Its a common thing that PayPal freezes your money in order to do some “security checks” which can take up to 6 months.

I would never ever use PayPal again, especially for larger amounts.

Why should you accept PayPal? If a customer wants to pay with PayPal you just tell him that he needs to register a account at Skrill. It does not matter where he uses his credit card for him, but it does for you.

PayPal is from eBay and is just a joke. Even if you sell something on eBay you often have the problem that the buyers chargeback the money. PayPal does not care at all.

If a client won’t agree to pay with Skrill (Moneybookers) ask him to pay with a bank account. If he won’t accept that too ask him for his ID card in order to use PayPal. If he does not acceppt that too then you have some reasons to get careful there.

A year ago where i used PayPal sometimes the customers needed to send me a copy form their ID card, and a copy from their credit card where the last numbers are blacked out.

Thats exactly the thing that the PayPal boss is doing on eBay. But if you do ther same on eBay they remove your offer. Just search on google for that.

But as i said try to avod PayPal as good as you can. There is no reason to use it anymore in 99%.

• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
miseld says

For me Payoneer is the best, you can also combine it with PayPal, Skrill etc… Clients can pay you for a service via Payoneer also.

331 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
Gewora says

For me Payoneer is the best, you can also combine it with PayPal, Skrill etc… Clients can pay you for a service via Payoneer also.

I can’t agree with that.

I wanted to register for Payoneer. They declined. I asked for the reason and they said that they we that i am under 18.

I sent them may passport and never got a reply back from them. Does not look very serious too me.

by
by
by
by
by
by