• Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

You must be over 18 to register for Payoneer. This happens for most of the cards you can use online

469 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
LuisFaus says

As Pezflash was saying, always state in both the quote and the contract that you require a deposit (33% or 50% non-refundable) and the quote or contract signed and back into your email account before you start any work.

Also it is imperative to send the client a list of your terms, conditions and caveats before starting to juggle with money and endless hours of work and/or send it at the end of the quotation.

If client accepts, (and you still want to use paypal) like Miseld has said, you can send an invoice from paypal which you can -sort of -customize. If it is not an international client, Bank transfer should be the first option to give to a client.And with that you also can say in the TCC that all transfer fees must be covered by the customer.

207 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
FalconFX says

For me Payoneer is the best, you can also combine it with PayPal, Skrill etc… Clients can pay you for a service via Payoneer also.

I can’t agree with that.

I wanted to register for Payoneer. They declined. I asked for the reason and they said that they we that i am under 18.

I sent them may passport and never got a reply back from them. Does not look very serious too me.

Not sure why is that happend to you, but i signed up for payoneer, and got my request approved immediately and recieved my card 11 days later, You might want to ask Nassim, he is one of payoneers people here on envato :)

3771 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
miseld says

For me Payoneer is the best, you can also combine it with PayPal, Skrill etc… Clients can pay you for a service via Payoneer also.

I can’t agree with that.

I wanted to register for Payoneer. They declined. I asked for the reason and they said that they we that i am under 18.

I sent them may passport and never got a reply back from them. Does not look very serious too me.

They are very serious company, trust me and every cent was paid on the time. Btw. Collis never allowed them on Envato as payment option if they are not serious :)

194 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
martinjamez says

its really a sad situation, but keep this in mind and move on
Once a bird asked a Bee, after a continuous hardwork, you prepare the honey. But a man steals the honey. Do you not feel sad?
Then the Bee replied: Never… Because a man can only steal my honey, not the art of making honey..!! :)

324 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Protest says

its really a sad situation, but keep this in mind and move on
Once a bird asked a Bee, after a continuous hardwork, you prepare the honey. But a man steals the honey. Do you not feel sad?
Then the Bee replied: Never… Because a man can only steal my honey, not the art of making honey..!! :)

Kudos my man. :)

117 posts Marketplace Support
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Attended a Community Meetup
MhW Staff says

Hey Nikolay!

Really sucks to hear about the situation you find yourself in. :(

Way back in my freelance days, long before joining Envato, I fell victim to exactly the same scam to the sum of $1,000 USD. I had been paid using a phished PayPal account and the funds were reversed to the rightful owner after delivery of the completed project.

In terms of recovering the funds, I’m afraid you’ll just need to wear the cost of lost time. I actually explored legal proceedings, although this is only really feasible if the person that scammed you lives in the same country.

But what protects us authors from this type of cases every now and then if a buyer almost always wins those disputes.
That’s a great question! I guess it’s all about learning from your mistakes and doing your homework before starting a freelance project. If the PayPal address doesn’t match the email address they’re using for communications, you can ask the client to send you an email from the PayPal email address. If they can’t or won’t, this would be a sufficient barrier for me to stop the project.

Really hope it hasn’t had too much of an impact on your cash flow. :grin:

- Christian

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+5 more
CodingJack says

The only answer is to add Easter Eggs to work you do for people you don’t know. Make them expire at a later date, and then when the time comes, remove it yourself if you still have access to the site, or tell the client you need to “fix a bug”. It’s a crappy solution, but the only one that guarantees the client won’t get away with stealing your work.

324 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
Protest says

Hey, guys. Sorry for bumping this. But everything turned out fine! I twitted ‘Ask, PayPal’ about this matter and they reviewed the issue and returned the money back to me. :) Thanks everyone for their advices. I’ll definitely use them in the future.

321 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
familychoice says

We’ve been ripped off numerous times, though not via PayPal. We now do the following:

Provide clients with a final itemised quote which also contains our T&C’s, which they then have to sign and return with a 50% deposit before we start any work. Our invoices also contain job specific T&C’s plus links to general terms online which they must accept.

Once the work is complete we bill for the remainder of the cost, and we also ask clients to complete an online form and ‘sign off’ the work before we provide them with access to the CMS admin. This avoids clients breaking or messing things up and then witholding payment with the excuse that the site wasn’t working properly when we handed it over, as has happened many times.

We also have a clause that if clients lose interest before the job’s finished and we don’t have all their content to complete the work we can bill them for the work done to that date.

by
by
by
by
by
by