It’s clear that anyone who bought your GPL item can resell/share/use it in any way he likes. But what if he also shares his Purchase Code?
I’ll explain. Recently we’ve got support request from user who did not purchase our GPL theme, but used other buyers Purchase Code to claim support…
( I’ve already submitted ticket to Envato support – #JDQ-439-44348 )
So the questions are:
- is it legal to share Purchase Code of GPL items?
- and if it’s illegal, there must be a clarification about this. why there isn’t?
No it’s not legal and I imagine they know this as they’d have to go searching around for a purchase code, do you have a database of the purchase codes to check if they’ve been used?
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.