24 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
EnlivenDesigns says

I just joined GR. Uploaded my first item Sunday. Waiting a month to see how that goes. Argh. I’ve thought about applying and seeing how the whole thing works.. is it full time or just a few hours a week? But I have a full time job, and I’d rather be creating designs with my limited free time to earn the coveted passive income. Designing what I want to, instead of for unclear clients. However since I’ve just jumped in the pool, I have no experience on the review process..probably not good to BECOME a reviewer anyways. Just want to ditch my prepress-zero-creativity job. But it pays the bills. My thoughts are a little jumpy…but I hope I’m making a some sense :D

102 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
plaxtico says

Ok be honest! What is the sallary you would take this job, and how long? If you start, then you can say good bye to working as an author here. Theoretically not, but in reality – yes. So let say 8-10 hours/ day at least 5 days a week. Below $3000 i would not start. But actually the amount would keep me doing this its around $4500/month. It sounds like high, but think…

well, first I think just because ethics no reviewer should be a selling author here. (at least not in their own category) not saying people are dishonest, but there is a conflict of interests.

about a salary, yes, there should be a globally accepted amount, but I guess it’s relative to the place you reside, $4500 or even $3000 a month may seem average or low for some, let’s say living in the US or UK, sure is nothing you couldn’t live well with that.
But where I live, average salaries are between 1000-1500 a month. (on the high side) and that’s a full time job, sitting in an office or so,,,(for me a good enough reason not to take one of these jobs)

Maybe Envato should consider outsourcing some work (like, say, reviewers) and work some sort of deal between them.

1731 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
gbs says

Ok be honest! What is the sallary you would take this job, and how long? If you start, then you can say good bye to working as an author here. Theoretically not, but in reality – yes. So let say 8-10 hours/ day at least 5 days a week. Below $3000 i would not start. But actually the amount would keep me doing this its around $4500/month. It sounds like high, but think…

Hmm. I think that the amount $4500/month is not an easy target for a GraphicRiver author. And not to mention that because the review process is going to take nearly a month now, what you are submitting today hopefully will sell next month. More than that you will have to wait till the 15th of the month after to receive the money from selling the item submitted today. That’s a total of more than 60 days turnaround. Seriously I think that the marketplaces need more stability especially for exclusive authors to keep all their assets and money here.

844 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
chrisatlemon says

You guys are missing the point: It’s not something that’s a priority right now – point. No need to come up with clever solutions. Do you really think that a successful company like Envato could not have solved this problem if they wanted to? Of course they could, they could have solved it in 2 weeks time.

We simply have to accept that this is a temporary hiccup, it will last as long as the vector flood lasts.

All arguments are futile. Everyone knows that other marketplaces don’t have the same pulling power as GR. And so does Envato. All threats of “I’ll go somewhere else” don’t scare anyone – GR is top dog.

What bothers me is that no-one has the balls to come out and simply say it.

I don’t need this from GR. I get this every day from the people governing my country: Lock yourself in, say nothing until the storm passes and whenever you say anything: deny everything, even the most obvious.

I would have expected more from Emvato.

Chris

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

@chrisatlemon:
Very well said. Just like in your previous comments. I disappointed in Envato exactly because of this. It’s 100% true, if they really, truly wanted – this problem would have been solved with light speed. They got enough fund to manage this. And the 5 months hard training is a joke itself.

114 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
illiachenvar says

hi guys, maybe it’s a good sign: from few days I encountered large speed-up in illustrations review process. 4th march – after 11 days, 5th march – after 10 days, 6th march – after 9 days, 7th march – after 9 days, 8th march – after 7 days… let the hope be with you :)

221 posts
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
env1ro says

“Ummmm.. motivation to making new items, where are you..”

My motivation to make new, fresh designs decreased significantly by this situation. What about you, GR authors?

161 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
enFusionThemes says

“Ummmm.. motivation to making new items, where are you..” My motivation to make new, fresh designs decreased significantly by this situation. What about you, GR authors?

I think I completely forgot designing.

333 posts Andre28 - Envato Elite Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
andre28 says

19 days – 90%

seriously?

568 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United Kingdom
BoxedCreative says

Okay mine has been on stuck on 100% for a day – what do you think is happening? This is the 22nd day. Does that mean anytime now? If so I’ve been thinking that for the last 24hrs! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by