• Malaysia
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
kaixer says

I cant complain much, after 12 days I got 3 items approved. :)

12 days sounds pretty normal to you. haha. :grin:
__

I hope GR will be back to normal, as soon as possible.

106 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • China
henryhu says

My button set got approved in 8 days, I’m pretty happy :D Maybe it’s a sign of improvement?

1373 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

“Ummmm.. motivation to making new items, where are you..” My motivation to make new, fresh designs decreased significantly by this situation. What about you, GR authors?
Absolutely smashed to pieces.
339 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
kevinhamil says

Just to get this out of the way, I know I’m not going to be the popular one in this conversation…

1. My motivation is not affected by the review times at all.. maybe because GR isn’t my main source of income, but more of a hobby right now since I’m just starting off. But 2 days or 12 days makes no negative affect on my motivation, I just forget about my uploads and move on to other things in my life.. of course, faster is always better, I’m just not hung up on it.

2. To be quite honest it bothers me MORE, constantly seeing people whine about review delays every day…. granted, some people do actually have issues that need legitimate attention. But overall it’s the same old, same old.

3. Unless you believe that GR staff is attempting to sabotage it’s platform and it’s authors.. then you must believe that they’re attempting to do their best to resolve the issues at hand, REGARDLESS of the amount of time it takes. It can’t imagine it being a walk in the park managing almost 2.5 million users. I’m sure strategies have to be planned and seamlessly implemented.. and to avoid many of the inconsistencies authors complain about between the way one reviewer reviews vs. another (and most I agree with), I’m sure they can’t just go hiring any “joe” to help speed up review queues.

One thing that is certain is that Envato does not have everything figured out and as things grow and problems come, it takes figuring things out to handle the change and keep everything on track. So I believe that they will fix the review issues at some point, and for that I choose to remain encouraging and positive regardless… whining and complaining just ain’t my style.

I don’t really feel like my opinion will change anyone else’s opinion… but I figured I could throw it in there with everything else people feel the need to say :)

1828 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
ShermanJackson says

2. To be quite honest it bothers me MORE, constantly seeing people whine about review delays every day…. granted, some people do actually have issues that need legitimate attention. But overall it’s the same old, same old.

This is where we earn our living, and the slower the review rate the lower the sales (to a certain extent) which results in possibly lesser income for the month.

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

Kevin, if somebody just use a car or bike for his hobby they dont complain if the fuel price goes up 10-20%. Or if more and more stupid taxes comes on your vehicle by a crap government. But if you are professional (means this is your job, and not only for fun) those people feelings, reasons, viewpoint are completely different. And they are complaining, not whining – complaining. Totally different thing. I dont think so you might call the greek people whiners or those people who protesting against the oligarchies all around the world. I’m sorry Kevin but this is’t just my hobby. Whoever i do love to do this just like you. For me it’s not only my hobby which is on the table right now. So dont call me whining please, and i also dont call you amateur hobbyist.

339 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
kevinhamil says

@ShermanJackson – I understand and do get where that crowd is coming from.. I did say that (at this point) GR is not my income base so I know I will have different views and experiences than those who do make their living from here. Maybe some time down the road I’ll be on the other side of things.

@dekurvajo – I specifically did not name anyone or direct that at any individual person. If you feel I was talking to you personally, that’s your interpretation I guess. My view of the people included in my statement was pretty broad, and I meant it that way… there’s different mixes of people in the crowd of complaining (and yes, SOME whining)... all ages from teenagers to adults… and various maturity levels. Some people have a legitimate reason to complain, while others just jump on the band wagon because it’s the obvious thing to do and that’s what people do. Again, my views were not directed at you, so please do not take them personally… especially if you don’t feel they apply to you.

I certainly do not want this to escalate into anything more than just my opinion, but that was all I wanted to do… was add my views right along side everyone else’s on this same matter.

122 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
bouncy says

22nd day for me in waiting.

i stronglly recommend to do something to get rid of these situation. may be you can take few steps. like to hire some of the best and old authors for time being. or you can ask for suggestion to the experienced authors who are here from more than couple of years. may be they could have some idea about this.

as Envato itself is a group of developers/designers (as far as i know) and not business mind people.

1828 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
ShermanJackson says

I certainly do not want this to escalate into anything more than just my opinion, but that was all I wanted to do… was add my views right along side everyone else’s on this same matter.

It’s all good…!! :) No worries :)

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

No, no, no… Kevin. I understood that very well you dont tell this to me personally. How it is in english? “Generaly speaking?” And that’s the point. Just look at this site, and you will see that, many people here doing this thing here with lot’s of fun but with full of respect and earnest work. They take their buyers very seriously and even Envato still don’t give a lot’s of significant features for that – they try to give support to their buyers. Im not reading here only the posts, but outside as well. And lots of buyers complaining a lot about Envato, even the price are far more cheap here than other places. And its all about the service. And this is the general problem here: Quality of Service. And Excuse me, but don’t forget, primary this site is for sell/buy products. Even if its a kind of intellectual product and not physical, and beside the business (seondary) we can enjoy it as well. Just like any creative activity. But! Envato (and first of all Envato) should give his best part as well especially because he cut his 50% part dont they? Or do you think they also established this site for fun? So, in nut shell. Maybe some people’s comments sound like whining. Maybe because they don’t know how to express better their thoughts. I have also limitations because of my english. But trust me If i could express all this things in my language, that definitely would not sonds like whining at all. I do understand your viewpoint Kevin, and i think those people like you, who doing this for fun definitely have their place here. I dont think so just because im professional (means this is my job) i would be better or more than you. The difference is simple: Our own ass is on a big risk right now, and we are far out of time regarding patient, understanding, and waiting.

by
by
by
by
by
by