32 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
eka says

Good ideas! Maybe those authors which items are always accepted, never rejected always on high quality level and are now waiting on approval should be automatically accepted in this extra situation. Maybe that would make a difference too.

224 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
h3design says

If you look at the front page you can easily see where all the traffic comes from…
The last 166 items that were reviewed were either logos or vectors !

Now this is the point where we have to start working from! I´m asking myself over and over again if these 2 categories are really worth causing all this trouble and making the other categories suffer from it.
Let´s just generalize it once: I would allege that compared with other categories, logos and vectors take the fewest time to create. I know there are also very complex logos or vectors but these aren´t the ones that cause the congestion. Still, vectors and logos are produced and uploaded in a way higher rate than items of the other categories. And not only twice as fast…just think about what i´ve said about the last 150+ items…
This leads me to 2 unfair factors:

1) Other categories are also affected by the increase of time needed for the review process.

2) Unbalanced exposure between items of different categories on the front page

Second one gets even intensified by the difference in time needed to review specific items. A Logo or Vector takes less time to review than a mockup or a flyer or a photoshop addon. No one can contradict in this point. Why ? Simple. Logos and Vectors mainly have to be reviewed on their quality or appearance. The other examples i mentioned before have to be reviewed on functionality, exclusivity, proper documentation etc.

A little example: For my last mock-up it took me 2+ hours to photograph the scenes and 20+ hours to create the mockups inside photoshop.
I don´t really like the idea of my item waiting 10+ days to getting reviewed and then disappearing from the front page after just 1-2 hours because there were 40 vectors reviewed in that time, which took alot less time to create.

The solution approaches i have so far are:

1) Upload Limitations respective each category
e.g a limitation to parallel items in queue: Maximum 5 Vectors/Logos in queue to the same time, etc. Authors would be “forced” to care more about quality instead of quantity

2) A separate marketplace for Vectors and Logos. I know this is quite a blatant solution approach but for me this seems to be the only way to leave the front page unaffected from the mass of logos and vectors for the other categories.

let me hear what you think ;)

905 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • South Africa
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
joiaco says

In general it is true that vectors and logos take less time to create, but they are also much cheaper and sell less often. And suddenly we are seeing things approved that never would have been a few months ago. How many sales are made from the front page? A very small percentage, so i wouldn’t worry about that. But there possibly IS an exponential increase in submissions happening, and having a separate market place for vectors and logos, with their own reveiwers, sounds like a sensible solution.

224 posts
  • Exclusive Author
h3design says

How many sales are made from the front page? A very small percentage, so i wouldn’t worry about that.

That´s simply wrong. Maybe for Logos and Vectors. I guess its not very likely that a buyer will see a vector on the front page he incidentally needs for his project. I guess sales for this category mainly come from the search funtion and google refs etc.

But it´s different for other categories. Have you ever checked the pageviews of your items ? Very often, the first day is decisive for whether an item will be a bestseller (or at least selling good) or not.

1429 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+3 more
mrcharlesbrown says

... The first day is decisive for whether an item will be a bestseller (or at least selling good) or not.

Front page helps a lot for both the item displayed and that of your portfolio.

224 posts
  • Exclusive Author
h3design says

Front page helps a lot for both the item displayed and that of your portfolio.

exactly. I often noticed a boost on my sales when a new item came up, even though the new item didnt make any sales.

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

If you do the Math from december to now ITS kinda IMPOSSIBLE they will catch up even if they get more people, or reject alot of files Still it will be hard for them to catch up. the review manager knows this . but he will not says this lol .

Just for you: http://d.pr/i/B5Mt ;-)

We will catch up and I’ve already given updates that it will take some time and the reasons why. We are making steady progress. :-)

224 posts
  • Exclusive Author
h3design says

@jremick could you maybe comment on the issue i mentioned above ? (the long post)

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

@jremick could you maybe comment on the issue i mentioned above ? (the long post)

Logos or vectors don’t necessarily “clog” up the review queue(s), though I won’t be able to fully explain why at the moment (it would take a bit of time). An example of this is that print items are reviewed in less time than vectors.

In regards to exposure, I’m not able to comment as it’s not my area of responsibility. It’s also a reoccurring concern / question that we’re aware of but I don’t have any information on when changes to this area will be made.

649 posts SickFlyers.com
  • Elite Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
+7 more
INDUSTRYKIDZ says

If you do the Math from december to now ITS kinda IMPOSSIBLE they will catch up even if they get more people, or reject alot of files Still it will be hard for them to catch up. the review manager knows this . but he will not says this lol .

Just for you: http://d.pr/i/B5Mt ;-)

We will catch up and I’ve already given updates that it will take some time and the reasons why. We are making steady progress. :-)

you forgot to add Next year! LOL

by
by
by
by
by
by