“I came up with a conculsion, probably Envato is getting pile of money”
I would avoid to draw any kind of inference, even yours sounds logical. And the ranking in between GR <> TF is an unvoiced fact. Actually i can understand this viewpoint from Envato, and accepted already. But your reasoning =even if its correct i guess= does not give any answer for the genuine reason of this problem. i.e: What the heck is happend in the last year, precisely end of November? Just lets go back in November 2012. The problem is suddenly appeared one day to the next. With deep silence of course. People was talking about Christmass holidays, which was obvious there is no company on this earth who send their key people to the bahamas 1 month before Christmas in the bigest rush. After many individual threads, finally this post appeared. We all said, “ok guys nice and straight talk, you got some shit in the pancake, but we trust, and we will be patient, cause we “know” you are working on to solve this issue with full throttle. And yet, what makes me worry?
A: How fragile their system could be, if only few reviewer throw in the trowel, and cause this dramatic draw back.
B: If there was a mass leaving, then they should have serious reason, and why we should thing this will not going to happen in the future again.
C [B] is already happening with the new reviewers just after they realising what they should take on.
D: Your conclusion is correct
let’s upload on theme forest for a month seems there are very happy with their review time . I already start some newsletter templates
Guys, I have been watching this post for a while, checking for updates from Envato as to when things will return to normal. But I think I have watched enough and its time for me add to the thread.
I have a couple things I wan’t to say and I am hoping that the staff reads it.
1. It is very sad that this has been happening for the last 4 months, impacting sales and the authors moral and instead of things getting better it seems to be getting worse
2. Though I donot work with Envato and cannot say what goes on behind the scenes, its seems like there is something extremely wrong if it has taken 4 months to get this back to normal or even close to normal. And i think this is what has people worried
3. Four months is a very long time and you have asked that we be patient and we have, but it is difficult to be patient when there are so many questions and things seem to have gotten worse instead of better
4. Noone wants to write bad comments on this thread, but I think that having this issue for so long and not getting a concrete reason as to why 4 months have passed and nothing positive has happened to the queue, has people wondering if you care about us as authors. Clearly this is a huge setback for authors…look at the length of this thread.
5. I fear that buyers will stop buying from GR as it takes a very long time for new items to become available.
Noone wants to add to this thread, as they think it is pointless. I am not sure of the cost and time to train new people, but something MORE has to be done.
Let’s see what happens when the River flood the Forest Many species will disappear
- moral impact, yes. Sales on existing items, im not sure
- “there is something extremely wrong if it has taken 4 months” +1
- +1 – its not about being inpatient anymore. Its about not being blind and insanely naive
- “look at the length of this thread”
- “buyers will stop buying from GR” = im not agree, they won’t. Not yet.
@ dekurvajo I agree that buyers are still coming to GR, the point though is that if this continues they may stop. It takes days to upload anything new and it takes far too long to have an item updated. Plus some authors that do quality work have decided not to upload a lot of items until things get better.
I hope things get better very soon, as I like GR very much
“some authors that do quality work have decided not to upload a lot of items until things get better.”
- yeah i know… im one of them.
- United Kingdom
- Exclusive Author
- Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
- Author was Featured
- Won a Competition
- Referred between 100 and 199 users
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
@DesignDistrict: I think that buyers will still come to GR because this is where the items are the most affordable (I mean the price is the lowest – and that’s enough to buyers). However I am more worried on the author side. Especially authors who decided to make GR their full time job. This really affects their living much.
What is wrong with the review process, I have been waiting more the 15 days for a print template SMDH!