3197 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+10 more
ThomGeskin says

I’m sure many of you have participated or heard of a game called Secret Santa!

Secret Santa is a Western Christmas tradition in which members of a group are randomly assigned other members to whom they anonymously give a gift. Often practised in workplaces, or amongst large families, participation in it is usually voluntary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Santa

My proposal here is similar, the only difference is that it does not need to be anonymous. Each author chooses another author, and the gift is simple: it’s art! Any kind of art is valid, just choose an author, do an art piece and post it here. Create anything you want! Just don’t forget to include some visual element relevant to the author’s name or visual identity.

Here are some examples of quick and fun homages I’ve done in the past for different occasions, for EAMejia, Raincutter, and NechitaPaulFlavius.

I really hope to see some great pieces here, let’s get creative! By the way, if you want, feel free to choose any of the authors above again. I will participate and create a new one as well.

There are no limits to the number of times the same author can be chosen. So for example, if 4 people choose Raincutter, that’s fine! It’s up to you to decide. Let’s try not to leave anyone behind, so submit as many as you like.

Go GraphicRiver!

825 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
InterantMedia says

Oooh.. who is going to give something to Interant Media? :D

308 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Netherlands
Pandebus says

well, I’ll start this off :) with something for Ricardo de Zoete (www.rzdesign.nl) I must add that I did it in like ten minutes, so it’s not very… erm, high quality ^ but it’s all about the idea, isn’t i? :)

EDIT : headlamps and license plate and logo changed ^

825 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
InterantMedia says

well, I’ll start this off :) with something for Ricardo de Zoete (www.rzdesign.nl) I must add that I did it in like ten minutes, so it’s not very… erm, high quality ^ but it’s all about the idea, isn’t i? :)

EDIT : headlamps and license plate and logo changed ^

Wow, that’s a great idea. Well done! :)

308 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Netherlands
Pandebus says

825 posts
+6 more
InterantMedia says

Haha, just for fun :P

3197 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+10 more
ThomGeskin says

Pandebus evil twin.

@Interant – Alright! Time to bring out the kayak! Thanks! I love the price…

988 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

nice idea :-) ...my first gift goes to Envato Team

credits: flickr fhotos / we-are-envato

308 posts
Pandebus says

Pandebus evil twin.

@Interant – Alright! Time to bring out the kayak! Thanks! I love the price…

lol, actually I do have a maffia penguin BC that has taken over my computer^^ and now it’s jealous of your nice gun

529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
AmandaHackwith says

That’s clever work, Thomas, but is that really a kind-hearted gift from a Secret Santa? :) I think the idea of a Secret Santa is to share the spirit of the season, so please lets not let this thread turn mean spirited, guys.

by
by
by
by
by
by