• Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

I just re-created apple’s website, except all of the images are of different variations of apples. Theres some red delicious, granny smith, mackintosh, the list goes on. I will be uploading it shortly.

I’m sure you guys know I am completely full of shit ;)

3868 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
flashjunkie says
I’m sure you guys know I am completely full of shit ;)

of course we know dozer, hows the seal clubbing business today?

Jay

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

sleepy! Lol I wish I was out clubbin’ and by “clubbin” I mean baby seals!

I am stuck at work, which sucks balllllls and I am anxiously awaiting macworld to start, I am in NY and its in Cali, so theres a 3 hour time difference…I need to watch the live blogs to prevent killing myself at this stupid job!

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

wowzas I’m an idiot, the user conferences are today, keynote tomorrow. Now I really need to go kill myself.

3402 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
bobocel says

Which website will you use out of the many to see the keynote live? :D I’ll be on it too if you share the info, lol :D

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

I was going to check it out on engadget

3402 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
bobocel says

Gud to know! :D

905 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

great quality taking down all the files seems like a real loss to this community I used to look forward to every new file by them. Buying the files on here you pretty much accept that the work will not be original and that other people will be using it. and customizing it is the only way for it to be original. Great Quality gave us pro quality work to learn from and brought the knowledge to the masses instead of preserving it for the few. I know the knowhow and turorials are out there to learn but nothing is as good as learning of a working example of a award winning site. I guess decompiling swf files into fla’s will have to be my new way to learn even thought it probably does not come with any of the xml or php. Who designed the first drop down menu or full screen flash file or horizontal or verticle navigation. No one claims on those file that someone copied the originators of those styles. Nothing would have progressed in history if people had not mimicked the masters eventually evolving more advanced styles out of it. What is original anyways. The whole concept of the FWA is for people to go get inspired from the best of the best. The problem is for me is that I can do any of the shit they do on there and I need some help in solving what whole teams of vets are getting millions to create. The power will stay with the people who already have it and buy protecting there secrets they will preserve the power. sorry to get all Mason consperacy theory on yal

691 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
geoken says

unchartedrealms, I don’t really get your post? Nobody has a problem copying functionality, it’s why nobody complains about the 500 carousel menus, 90% of which have code ripped directly from Lee Brimlow’s tutorials.

There’s a big difference between copying functionality and copying the entire look and feel of a website.

What exact knowledge did GQ “bring to the masses”. I can gaurantee you that for every aspect of his templates that might make you say ‘neat, I wonder how they did that’ I can find 10 templates that contain the exact same functionality but don’t rip off anyones art.

3058 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wickedpixel says

unchartedrealms you don’t want to understand something simple…
nobody stops GreatQuality from doing cool scripts… it’s just that it was selling his stuff by using others image…
You can’t compare the software that FWA site uses.. with that paypal script that GQ was selling… it’s not fair… and FWA knows that…
Just give me your name and i will sell stuff in your name but cheaper than your value…
i want to see if you think that that is cool…

by
by
by
by
by
by