12 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
joshuaH says

rip off? woooooow. lol. funny the way we interpret things some times.

First time i met the man behind great quality, he took me to a famous restaruant in Beverly Hills called Mastros Steakhouse with his georgous girlfriend who he calls “princess.” (and treats like a queen).

The guy walks in and the whole staff greets him by first name, hugs and kisses on the cheek. He orders me, my partner, his princess, and himself a “petite filet” and 2 bottles of Merlot. (Spent more on dinner that night than he has made on flashden!)

26 year old. good looking guy goes on to explain his fascination with meta physics and conciousness, and his love for business. He studied business managment in college and picked up design to help escalate his “presentations” (“what the eyes see and the ears hear the mind believes”) he said.

We talked a moment about flash den and he said a few things which i remember clearly. He said that he doesent do it for the money, at all. Says the feedback, negative especially, has made him stronger and stronger. (told me to look at his first template to his last). And he said that the value in flash den is not the files. but the fact that by sharing our code and files we can make eachother better. He explained to me that online business is at its infancy and the ability to develop online applications is now a trade but will one day be a nessessity.

The guy is smart. I called him about this forum using the hotline number he provides for all of his customers. He said he has seen it and understands the perspectives of each member. “however” he said “if we all felt the same way about life we’d all be the same.” He also said that there are members who have a bit more emotion tied into it than he thinks is healty and or nessessary. Kinda true if you ask me. said “theres no such thing as a “hater”, only someone who hates themselves and projects their emotions onto you.”

All and all. the guy is so smart i wouldnt be surprised if this whole thing was done with a purpose. he’s obsessed with the game of chess (in my opinion) (analogy after analogy) so maybe hes thinking ahead and we are busy looking at his old moves. Im looking forward to working with him and his files in the future. thats for sure. no envy here. except for the Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster he left in with his girlfriend. gotta get one of those one day.

My suggestion? This guy was able to create the FWA style website from scratch in a 58kb file (we bought one) of well commented code with amazing features! any designer that talks down to him should re-evaluate their portfolio because it probably sucks, or is empty. LOL .

Sorry greatquality. of the 400 customers (in 3 months) who have benifited from your contributions to this website someone’s gotta show some appriciation!

3069 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

i can do that in 20kb(the GQ script)...that is not the point…
you can’t compare the fwa script with what GQ was selling..

1246 posts
  • Greece
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
zefs says
We talked a moment about flash den and he said a few things which i remember clearly. He said that he doesent do it for the money, at all.

O’really?Then,can I have all the money he has earned through flashden and his blackpaw? kkthnx.

3868 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+4 more
flashjunkie says

(“what the eyes see and the ears hear the mind believes”)

the matrix i believe, even his quotes are original :P

Jay

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

I’m sorry joshua, and I was trying to stay out of this thread…but that was the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. If this guy (no offense to GreatQuality) was the type of person that recreates other websites “to share the code with the community” then he would make them free, or make a tutorial site, or a resource site. Hell, if he did it and spent half the time on it, that he spent recreating the FWA site he could have the next gotoandlearn. I am not doubting his ability or knowledge of chess, metaphysics, string theory, and how popcorn pops. Its completely unrelated. He put the files on here to make money, if it wasnt about the money it would be on a free site, that offered tutorials, and resources to the community. Saying he is doing it for others is just a blatant excuse.

I am cool with him reproducing it, I have no issues with it. I dont see why a person with such an unlimited amount of knowledge needs to spread the wealth by using exact replicas of other peoples designs. When it would take him 2 hours to make it look different enough that people would still love it, yet not accuse him of stealing. Shit even a black background may have done it.

3069 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

yeah.. i don’t want to make a hobby by posting on the GQ subject but the story that joshuaH presented it’s like.. ...
come on man.. at least try to be real…
Last message on this subject. Have fun.

12 posts
joshuaH says

wackpixel.i doubt you could do anything close. what a dork. sell more credits then post another message

3868 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
flashjunkie says

and i really need to stay off the forums my post count is ridiculous lol

Jay

1246 posts
  • Greece
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
zefs says

joshuaH why don’t you go on and comment xdozex’s post?Maybe because you got no point?Because xdozex is 100% right.

691 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
geoken says
“however” he said “if we all felt the same way about life we’d all be the same.” He also said that there are members who have a bit more emotion tied into it than he thinks is healty and or nessessary. Kinda true if you ask me. said “theres no such thing as a “hater”, only someone who hates themselves and projects their emotions onto you.”

Good point. For example, I was pretty pissed when some crazy dude was stalking my wife and I confronted him with force, but thinking back on it I probably only hated myself and projected my feeling onto stalker dude. I mean, like the all knowing GQ says, if everyone felt the same about life we’d all be the same and there would be no stalker dudes raping and killing innocent women.

by
by
by
by
by
by