226 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
nickys says

Hey everyone! If you are an author with an iOS device you will love this.

I’m looking for beta testers to try out this app for a week: GreenPaw

In a few words, it’s an iOS app for authors at the Envato marketplaces. As an author myself, I got the idea about it purely out of my needs and it’s already working great for me. Please check out the website above for the full info about this app.

Some top authors are already testing it, the feedback has been great and I want to get it in the hands of even more people to try it out, to make sure it’s nice and bugless on release.

If you want to beta test it, please register at testflightapp.com and reply here (or email me) with your email so I can invite you to the team.

Can’t wait! :)

226 posts
+7 more
nickys says

P.S. I will appreciate it if this topic gets moved to the All Marketplaces section, I didn’t realize that I posted it on CodeCanyon only .

220 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
corsonr says

that looks very promising ! Does it include Push notifications?

2025 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

Looks neat, I’m in!

226 posts
+7 more
nickys says

that looks very promising ! Does it include Push notifications?

No, it doesn’t include push notifications for now, because it costs a good amount of money to keep this service running. If this app gets popular enough, it will include it for sure.

973 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

Amazing app, I would love be a beta tester if you would allow me, aaran.mcguire@cl.vc

1005 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

A nice idea and the app looks nice too. When I’ll have a IOS device, I’ll definitely use your app.

226 posts
+7 more
nickys says

Thanks, sent invites :)

1265 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
+8 more
Pricop says

P.S. I will appreciate it if this topic gets moved to the All Marketplaces section, I didn’t realize that I posted it on CodeCanyon only .

Also I would love to test it, I’ve got an iOS device. Too bad if it won’t have push notifications, I am wondering why does it costs? When I wrote my Windows Phone application I mimic the Push Notifications by creating a background agent that checked the current balanced (saved when the app was first opened) vs. the one from the API request, if there was difference between them, I’ve sent the notification. Not sure about iOS tho, but I am more than sure that you can run background agents while the app is closed. The app seems to be fine, please consider push notifications, I was about to make my own iOS app for Envato, but since you do a great job I’ll wait to see what you will bring, my e-mail is pricop2008@yahoo.com – thank you.

226 posts
+7 more
nickys says

Also I would love to test it, I’ve got an iOS device. Too bad if it won’t have push notifications, I am wondering why does it costs? When I wrote my Windows Phone application I mimic the Push Notifications by creating a background agent that checked the current balanced (saved when the app was first opened) vs. the one from the API request, if there was difference between them, I’ve sent the notification. Not sure about iOS tho, but I am more than sure that you can run background agents while the app is closed. The app seems to be fine, please consider push notifications, I was about to make my own iOS app for Envato, but since you do a great job I’ll wait to see what you will bring, my e-mail is pricop2008@yahoo.com – thank you.

It’s not the same on iOS, you can’t have any background agents running. The way push notifications work is you setup your own server, get a certificate from Apple, do your thing on your server (check for updates, new sales, etc etc) and when you want to send a notification, you send it to Apple’s servers instead, and they send it to the actual device. And you will cry when you see your bandwidth bill :)

Edit: don’t get me wrong, I would love to have that feature, it just costs too much at this point :)

by
by
by
by
by
by