146 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
nicolasdelfino says

Hi folks, just wondering If the possibilty of a guaranteed front page exposure has been discussed, dont know if it´s a good idea or not, just laying it out there :)

Lets say for the sake of things that every uploaded item gets the same front page exposure controlled by envato, a day maybe, so when you upload an item and it gets approved you will also stand in line for a day of front page exposure (that is if the front page is full of new items). maybe it isnt possible but I think a lot of us would sleep better each night and it would be fair for all of us considering that full website templates gets pushed of the front page quite often nowadays. In the meanwhile while waiting for your file to get exposed in the front, a newest file section would come very handy.

just laying it out for you to play it out (copyright snoop d, starsky and hutch)

189 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
mbudm says

I think you can divide files on FD into two categories…complex and simple, over $10 and under $10. Also I think that the under $10 files (the vast majority) are a boon for flashden in getting traffic to the site via search engine (via the long tail). So it seems to me that it wouldn’t adversely affect FD overall if the following was set up.

Why not have two streams of new files on the homepage? Over $10 and under $10 (or some other labels that describe the files better). That way the more complex files won’t get so lost in the mountain of smaller files, that I feel are going to get most of their sales from SEO traffic down the track anyway. Whereas files that have a lot of work in them are really nice to demo the overall quality of FD on the homepage to new visitors.

My experience of FD so far is that my best sellers are items that have good clear keywords so my SEO asumption is partly based on that.

Of course I am planning to put up some over $10 files soon so I am obviously biased…

1955 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Emroni says

There are so many files submitted to FD every day, imagine the line for the frontpage. It would increase every day, so it wouldnt really work. Someone suggested it a while ago, but we did some speculations and came to the conclusion that it would only make things worse :)

189 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
mbudm says

Ya, that’s what I was thinking… no chance for one day on the home page per file, but what about the two streams idea, has that been mulled over before?

1955 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Emroni says

The devs are working on a new way of displaying stuff, not to worry :) We have had many discussions about this, Im sure theyll figure something out.

Just look at the suggestions section, youll find many threads related to this

by
by
by
by
by
by