• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

Right now I have 2 partners. 1 that code stuff in WP , and another one that code stuff for AD.

We are uploading stuff in my account and I think it would be awesome if I could create some guest user so they can access my account to upload stuff , do some support .. but no access to the money and stuff like that ..

What you guys think ?

374 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
_rohan says
Right now I have 2 partners. 1 that code stuff in WP , and another one that code stuff for AD.

We are uploading stuff in my account and I think it would be awesome if I could create some guest user so they can access my account to upload stuff , do some support .. but no access to the money and stuff like that ..

What you guys think ?

I concur.

4335 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

It wouldn’t be a bad idea… And the posibilities of setting different permissions for multiple users. E.g: a user which is allowed to answer support requests, a user which is allowed to upload files, an accountants user allowed to access money info and another user only allowed on the forums. Not a bad idea, but I don’t see I happening, even in the long run.

Another good idea could be to “merge” accounts. Login with your own username and pass, and the money is split evenly between the accounts. For people who want to do colaborative projects.

Or… Even better than the above, upload files, and add other users to the authors list, the money gets split into how many people there are, and then the commission is taken from that, so higher earning authors will still get high comission. When it cones to the statement, it will say colaborative item with n authors sold for x amount, earning you x amount. In the earnings page, separate the colaborative sales and earnings from the normal one, and when adding to the stats, (rating, sales, fillers worth of files sold) have that separate from the main stats, displayed underneath it. And have a seperate badge for “fillers worth of colaborative files sold”. Actually, now that I think about it, this is quite a good idea, it could turn out quite well… Also, on the items pages, have all of the authors listed on the left, and they all say “author” on the comments.

Wow, I’m quit pleased with that idea, there would definately need to be a new table, or even a new database to hold all of the colaborative info. If envato were to encorporate this into the marketplaces, it could really set it apart from all other marketplaces and get loads of other authors flooding in. :)

remember… I said it first, unless someone else did… And if they did… I need proof… Sen me a link to the thread! :D

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

@Reaper

AWESOME !

One day , we won’t be able to work alone because people will do crazy stuff in team.

1148 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

It could get tricky with the legal stuff. If you add a user who can upload files, and an upload he makes results in a copyright claim, who takes responsibility?

2201 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
ArikB says

I sooo want to work together with other people. Which reminds me that I need to contact a certain someone.

4335 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says
It could get tricky with the legal stuff. If you add a user who can upload files, and an upload he makes results in a copyright claim, who takes responsibility?

That’s when they have to agree to terms which confirm that the work belongs the the account they are uploading the item to.. ( you are refering the the original post right? )

1030 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says

What you guys think ?

+1

1549 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
dSKY says

+1

1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

What if a big author opens “slots” for newcomers then takes x % off the new one’s earnings. The new one gets more than he would get on a new account. This is exploitable, and is bad.

by
by
by
by
by
by