• Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says
Or… Even better than the above, upload files, and add other users to the authors list, the money gets split into how many people there are, and then the commission is taken from that, so higher earning authors will still get high comission. When it cones to the statement, it will say colaborative item with n authors sold for x amount, earning you x amount. In the earnings page, separate the colaborative sales and earnings from the normal one, and when adding to the stats, (rating, sales, fillers worth of files sold) have that separate from the main stats, displayed underneath it. And have a seperate badge for “fillers worth of colaborative files sold”. Actually, now that I think about it, this is quite a good idea, it could turn out quite well… Also, on the items pages, have all of the authors listed on the left, and they all say “author” on the comments.

Brilliant! +1! I definitely see perspective in this one! :)

2075 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+2 more
LanceSnider says

There are some great ideas in here, but I feel I need to address the potential problem. Be very, very, very careful who you give access to your account. Make sure you 100% trust every single person within your account. If one of the three users on an account violates copyright, all three will be banned permanently. I’d hate to see that happen to someone honest because of shady friends.

2075 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
+2 more
LanceSnider says
Or… Even better than the above, upload files, and add other users to the authors list, the money gets split into how many people there are, and then the commission is taken from that, so higher earning authors will still get high comission. When it cones to the statement, it will say colaborative item with n authors sold for x amount, earning you x amount. In the earnings page, separate the colaborative sales and earnings from the normal one, and when adding to the stats, (rating, sales, fillers worth of files sold) have that separate from the main stats, displayed underneath it. And have a seperate badge for “fillers worth of colaborative files sold”. Actually, now that I think about it, this is quite a good idea, it could turn out quite well… Also, on the items pages, have all of the authors listed on the left, and they all say “author” on the comments.
Brilliant! +1! I definitely see perspective in this one! :)
Love this one!
3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

Wow, I’m quit pleased with that idea, there would definately need to be a new table, or even a new database to hold all of the colaborative info. If envato were to encorporate this into the marketplaces, it could really set it apart from all other marketplaces and get loads of other authors flooding in. :)

remember… I said it first, unless someone else did… And if they did… I need proof… Sen me a link to the thread! :D

Your idea is awesome!!

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
There are some great ideas in here, but I feel I need to address the potential problem. Be very, very, very careful who you give access to your account. Make sure you 100% trust every single person within your account. If one of the three users on an account violates copyright, all three will be banned permanently. I’d hate to see that happen to someone honest because of shady friends.

you got a point….

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
@Reaper

AWESOME !

One day , we won’t be able to work alone because people will do crazy stuff in team.

I believe this is the trend now….work in a partnership…

353 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
chack says
@Reaper

AWESOME !

One day , we won’t be able to work alone because people will do crazy stuff in team.
I believe this is the trend now….work in a partnership…

Working in a Team is mutch more time efficient and easier. That’s why many freelancer alrdy split their projects to some “friends” etc or bould companys with some friends (don’t mind if they your real friends or just over the internet).

145 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
frayquantum says

this will make a new class, like an “corporate” or “business” entities…..

I’m sure they will think of it when they figure out the laws, taxes and such

2104 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
fifty_tons says
Right now I have 2 partners. 1 that code stuff in WP , and another one that code stuff for AD.

We are uploading stuff in my account and I think it would be awesome if I could create some guest user so they can access my account to upload stuff , do some support .. but no access to the money and stuff like that ..

What you guys think ?

you don’t like sharing do you :P

by
by
by
by
by
by