97 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Green_Eyes says

How d’you, guys, think it’s not good if you hear some string or fret buzzing after recording guitar/bass track? Whether I should re-record the guitar track? Here is an example (there’s some string buzzing in the intro). http://audiojungle.net/item/crazy-monkey-band/4447944

185 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
SoundBevy says

I wouldn’t re-record it, it stands out to you because you know its there…but so did I and I thought awesome… it’s real! I would say it all depends on what genre you are targeting, for this specific track, which is awesome BTW, it makes it real. You wouldn’t take out the natural buzz sound of sliding up the neck on chord changes would you?

See what others say, but my 2cents are you should leave it as is and keep it real.

185 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
SoundBevy says

OK, guess I have 3 cents to say. Just gave it another listen, it’s barely noticeable. If in fact the rest of the track was made up of quantized midi instruments, and was marketed for a hip hop crowd, I would change my thinking, but the natural, jazzy funk of this track… my 3 cents says leave it.

What do you think guys?

97 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Green_Eyes says

Thank you for the answer, Scott. Actually when i work on any virtual instrument track i make it out of quantization a little bit so it sounds like a human playing. Also i make dynamics different. That’s good thing to do. Yep, i know the track sounds not so bad, but it’s like a live performance on the stage, not studio sound

324 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
MValentino says

Totally agree that noises and buzz give a human feel to the track. Definitely leave it.

97 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Green_Eyes says

Ok thanks for your feedback.

by
by
by
by
by
by