877 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says

I’ve noticed what sound like guitar strumming plug-ins used on some tracks. I’ve never used any myself, but I can see the advantage of using something like this to quickly make some rhythm guitar parts if there was a way to make them sound convincing/realistic.

So the question is: What plug-ins are available? Which are the best and worse? How would you make these sound anything near realistic?

159 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
James-Lee-Grey says

My favorite things are def stuff by Ilya Efimov ( http://www.ilyaefimov.com ). There are some guitar libs for Kontakt and they sound pretty cool in my opinion.

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
468 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/products/producer/powered-by-kontakt/scarbee-funk-guitarist/
Sounds pretty convincing if it is the strumming style you’re after!

159 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
James-Lee-Grey says

Forgot another interesting little thing… :) Poetic Acoustic Guitars – http://www.timesconcept.com/EN/heaudio.asp#
also sounds not bad and very flexible.

328 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
MValentino says

I’ve tried Ilya Efimov, sounds good but you have to take time to adapt the patterns to your needs. I’ve tried it in my track In your smile (I don’t link it not to do self-promoting), but in the end I kept it just to see how it sounds, and then I recorded a real acoustic guitar on it. You can hear it a little alone just in the bridge of the song. I’m curious about Orange Tree’s acoustic guitar, the demos sound good, but I’ve tried their electric version which disappointed me a little…or maybe I’ve not tried it enough to appreciate it.

1170 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
MastaBlack_fK says

Try this: MusicLab RealGuitar

Really cool plugin. ;)

354 posts
+3 more
MeGustaMusic says

Strumming guitars vst are expensive. I tried several times the Steinberg Virtual Guitarist, and seemed very good. Effective for fast works. But I was told that is not versatile enough to love it!

1050 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Sonicbyte says
1183 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

MusicLab Real Guitar is decent, as is electri6ity, but that’s it, they’re just decent. Decent is not good.

Guitar strumming just hasn’t been done well yet. They all still sound kinda crap. You would have to record hundreds of variations of each chord and each strum pattern to get a remotely accurate sample library AND then be able program it correctly – and no-one has attempted this yet.

I would rather have a beginner guitar student play some simple strums on my music than use a sample library (and I am a big fan of sample libraries in general).

I guess it depends on how the end product (the music) is going to be used. If it’s just some generic background stuff that isn’t going to be used prominently, than fine, but I don’t know, I just can’t bring myself to use guitar VST ’s. Guitars, violins, and the trumpet are still the instruments that have not been sampled well by any company yet.

584 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Sophonic says

MusicLab Real Guitar is decent, as is electri6ity, but that’s it, they’re just decent. Decent is not good.

Guitar strumming just hasn’t been done well yet. They all still sound kinda crap. You would have to record hundreds of variations of each chord and each strum pattern to get a remotely accurate sample library AND then be able program it correctly – and no-one has attempted this yet.

I would rather have a beginner guitar student play some simple strums on my music than use a sample library (and I am a big fan of sample libraries in general).

I guess it depends on how the end product (the music) is going to be used. If it’s just some generic background stuff that isn’t going to be used prominently, than fine, but I don’t know, I just can’t bring myself to use guitar VST ’s. Guitars, violins, and the trumpet are still the instruments that have not been sampled well by any company yet.
Yup, I can always tell within a second when someone is using one of those strum sounds. I guess if you don’t play guitar its better than nothing.
by
by
by
by
by
by