281 posts
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Located in Serbia Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
scrnjakovic says

I just stumbled upon [Link Removed by Mod – Please don’t point out single items on the forums!] this logo. I remember I downloaded logo like that few months ago as freebie from some vector site. So I found it on my pc and this guy actually did was that he flipped it horizontally, added some other font and placed it on mockup. [Link Removed by Mod] And here is preview of zip contents in case you don’t want to download whole archive.

639 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Crakken says

You shouldn’t add link to an item on the forum.. You should probably contact Envato Support http://support.envato.com . They look pretty similar to me though. But the thing is, they were uploaded on the same day.. Interesting… Now what I’m wondering is how come you downloaded it “Few months ago” while it was uploaded EDIT : today. You gotta explain this, I guess.

281 posts
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Located in Serbia Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
scrnjakovic says

Well, dunno I thought forum is the place. I’ll contact them :P Anyway, little heads up won’t hurt :P

P.S. they look pretty much the same, he just flipped it horizontally in PS and used different font.

281 posts
scrnjakovic says

You shouldn’t add link to an item on the forum.. You should probably contact Envato Support http://support.envato.com . They look pretty similar to me though. But the thing is, they were uploaded on the same day.. Interesting… Now what I’m wondering is how come you downloaded it “Few months ago” while it was uploaded EDIT : today. You gotta explain this, I guess.
What’s wrong with you? He is selling a logo which is free to download on other sites. He did not make it. It’s like I download free template from other site and upload it to themeforest >.< EDIT : If you mean file on zippyshare, I can’t remember the site where I downloaded it so I uploaded it on zippy. (I have huge collection of files from freebie sites)
95 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
ThemeLizard says

It’s good you noticed it, but I have to agree with Crakken that you shouldn’t open a topic about it and refer to the item aswell as mentioning it in comments of the item.

Best would be if you just report this to Support. ;)

281 posts
scrnjakovic says

It’s good you noticed it, but I have to agree with Crakken that you shouldn’t open a topic about it and refer to the item aswell as mentioning it in comments of the item. Best would be if you just report this to Support. ;)

Well I may have overreacted but it pissed me off – it’s too lame. I reported it.

49 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
StormDesigns says
http://www.qbn.com/topics/621808/

Thread started: Feb 8, 10, 7:19 a.m.

It’s the same logo, but after all, it may be the same author. Dunno.

281 posts
scrnjakovic says

http://www.qbn.com/topics/621808/

Thread started: Feb 8, 10, 7:19 a.m.

It’s the same logo, but after all, it may be the same author. Dunno.
It would be still violating rules.
49 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
StormDesigns says

It would be still violating rules.
True.
1617 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

Hey guys,

If one ever discovers an item that is available for free somewhere else, please avoid posting it on the forums. Contact our Support Team instead and they will look into it further and assign it to the appropriate staff to handle.

I’ve remove the image and links from the original post.

EDIT : Everyone who reports violations such as this will also receive a shiny badge

Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by