767 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
outandouter says

I’m not sure if anyone cares that much but I’d be more than happy to show the progress of the hackintosh
Don’t know about others, but I’d love to read / see pictures about work on your Hack :)

+1 to that.

475 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
FlatKing says

Awesome well I’ve got a few “paydays” this month so I’ll be getting a few components in – I’ll probably be starting the build after christmas :)

767 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
outandouter says

Great, will be checking back.

Best of luck!

32 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
Kraftt says

You can’t get the actual mac performance with hackintosh. 1500-1600$ hardware, and 500$ (or more) for IPS monitor (1000$ if you buy thunderbolt display). It costs you 2000$ at least. Just buy an iMac 27” with additional fusiondrive so it costs you 2200$. Than sit back and enjoy your awesome IPS monitor with actual mac performance. If you want, you can add ram up to 32gb. But don’t buy rams from Apple.

I am currently using base model iMac 21” and can’t imagine the 27” performance with 32gb of ram. But I can easily say that don’t mess with hackintosh.

254 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
evaske says

I built a Hackintosh not long ago, very high spec at the time. Everything worked perfectly I have to say but something just didn’t feel right about using OSX on it. I don’t know if it was the keyboard and mouse but it just felt like I was cheating pressing the power button on this big desktop case to be presented with OSX.

by
by
by
by
by
by