4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I’ll be honest, I like the concept of an open Europe. I think if it would have been a single country, with each country that currently exists to be a federation or something, like in the USA , things would have been different.
It’s a problem each country wants to keep her identity and there culture, immigration start to be a real problem in Europe, I have a brother that work and live in Spain and he don’t even speak Spanish he just grabbing jobs from the fish man, it’s going to explode on some point ,look what’s going on the Greek land .

If you ask me on the long run the Euro won’t hold …..

781 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

who cares ? DIE EURO DIE
I’m in. let it die (and better if all those rich banks will follow)

+1 :D
Hope this rate will rest for a loooooong time!

643 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
navigator says

^+1 :)

51 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Authentic says

Sterling near enough the same most of the time US$ 1 = £0.63

Much different than 3 years ago was around 47-52p to the dollar fun times indeed.

1642 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

I hope euro will die and disapear.

3750 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

Listen, all those ones wondering the death of the euro.
Imagine you decide to go one month holidays with your full family and friends, also politic family and families of your friends. All together decides to go to a wonderful hotel. Once you arrive you realise that the hotel is not as promised, it has small rooms and some secrets behind the beds. But you can’t change it, there is not other option for the full month.

What would you do, start complaining about the place, creating a hell of holidays for all of you, your close relatives included?

The euro is right now in the first day of that holidays.
So, better enjoy it. :P

2184 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

So my first investment choice would be land, because it cannot fail you under any circumstance.

Never sey never… I’ve seen a lot of people losing their land because of – war. War happens. People are forced to flee. They either lose their land or only their grand-grand-children retrieve their rights after many years of suffering.

War is a sad thing…

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
vadims says

Oh man, I’m so much enjoying this thread.

I just had to step into it as many comments are related to my country. I’m Greek and first of all I’m so relieved that many of you truly know what is going on here and that you are having strong opinion on what is going on in eurozone in general. During the last 2 years that my country is under the IMF supervision, european – and american – media are transmitting so many inaccurate and one sided views of facts that is pure propaganda. Well, soundengine and doru you guys are so right.

I’m no expert but the money that would bailout Greece wasn’t enough to cover their whole debt and it was meant to be given gradually as long as Greece employs certain cuts from their budgets. But greek politicians are having a hard time convinving people to accept these hard regulations. They can’t even form a government. So bailout isn’t working as planned.

That is correct. The total amount that Greece was agreed to receive is about 80 billion euros when the total debt is about 320 billion euros. The amount that Greece has received till today is less than half of the agreed as it receives more as long as it acceptes the rules of the IMF and the rest of the loaners. But even this amount don’t do anything good to the economy as it is the exact amount that periodically the state needs to keep the economy running. So if I would try to be as periphrastic as pezflash is, I would say that the loans that Greece is taking during the last 2 years is the ice that keeps the greek economy corps cold so that it won’t smell enough! Additionally it is giving the major european – and american – banks the time needed to sell as many Greek bonds as they can to… Greece! Yeap, a large amount of the loans are going to the european banks so that they will reduce their risk status by just selling Greek bonds back to Greece.

If anyone can enlighten me about a different subject.. where did the money borrowed to Greece since the bailout went? How much money did they get, and didn’t this amount cover their debt already? I just don’t understand why they keep saying Greece is in trouble, every couple of weeks, and they need even more money borrowed. What happened to the money they received previously? Did those money help or they vanished in a big pocket? If it didn’t help, than why lend them more money? Will the money help now? This goes on and on.. I don’t get it.

they never got any money. Is like this: You have to pay back to me an amount I give to you couple of weeks ago. Let’s say 50euro + 5euro of interest. But you don’t have it. So I give you on paper 55euro to cover that debt but off course you never see those money. Funny thing is that now you need to give me back 110euro plus interest. The idea is that to keep getting “saved” every time you have to give natural resources, cheap work force, land or other things of value to the banks and corporations. (things are more complex I have oversimplified but that is the idea)

Maybe the only solution than can save Greece and Europe and US off course, is what Iceland did.

@bobocel Will the money help now? No. And true, it goes on and on and it won’t stop until they will say to stop. When it will be that? Easy, when the price of Greece is low enough to buy out EVERYTHING . Ports and airports, the national energy corporation, the telecommunications (national telecommunication company is already owned by about 40% by Deutche Telecom), the natural resources (north Greece has the largest exploitable gold mine in the Balkans which is about to be sold in a multinational company by only 1/25 of its true value). I could go on for hours but I’m sure you got the picture.

@doru Man you are so right. Thanks for that! As for the solution, I guess that it can’t be done. Simply because Iceland have its own currency. And we are stuck with the damn euro.

277 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
girlscancode says

I too am enjoying this thread :D I come from an ex communist country (Romania) but I was 6 yo when the communism fell. I am no expert in communism or capitalism but I know this: I would rather eat shit, sleep in dirt AND be free than have someone else feed me, dress me AND conducting my life

Because of the capitalism I have a business, I live in Germany, I can say what I want about what political leader I want. My life and my time are all mine. If communism didn’t fell in Romania, now I would be working in a state owned factory, come home to find police microphones in my walls and probably have had a bunch of illegal and life threatening abortions (any method of birth control was banned in Romania)

Capitalism is a jungle and I prefer it this way. Communism is just a circus where jungle animals are made to do tricks just to please the leaders in the audience.

335 posts
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has referred 500+ members
+4 more
Folksnet says

@girlscancode girls like you are priceless :).

by
by
by
by
by
by