951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

I think Dells are way more durable and professional than HP from my experience, but the model you want to buy seems a bit inferior to the HP model you mentioned. I’d go for a Dell, but more RAM and a better CPU are needed IMHO. Good luck!

21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Italy
Hi-Themes says

Well… now i am using hp pavilion with i7 processor and 8 gb of ram. Sometimes it’s very very very slow.

Really? Mine is slow just during windows essential scan… I use Photoshop, Notepad+ , Windows images (more than 1.000 file for tag searching), Windows live e-mail, xampp and Chrome all together and it does not slow down..

Maybe I’m lucky :D

119 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Tsoy says

Well… now i am using hp pavilion with i7 processor and 8 gb of ram. Sometimes it’s very very very slow.

Really? Mine is slow just during windows essential scan… I use Photoshop, Notepad+ , Windows images (more than 1.000 file for tag searching), Windows live e-mail, xampp and Chrome all together and it does not slow down..

Maybe I’m lucky :D

Live predprocessors and compilers are very memory hungry. And it’s about 20-100 chrome tabs opened at the same time…. My advice for you switch to vim or at least to sublime text. Notepad++ is a great tool, but these things will dramatically speed up your productivity.

by
by
by
by
by
by