5 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Ukraine
Beschasny says

Hello everybody, please help me to understand reviewer’s decision. I’m trying to submit my first commercial template, which is based on my own store and on 4 years experience in sales, but its rejected again without any understandable reasons except “it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or Envato Market policies”. Maybe I’m missing something important, could you take a look at the demo and tell me, what’s wrong with that? I’ve been working on it since February, and can’t believe that my work is in vain. Demo here

739 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Hello mate,
I know what you feel – I’ve been in your shoes. But things does not work here the way you used to think.

Your template is messy; it ignores basic design principles like visual hierarchy, balanced spacings and typography. This is a common problem among designers from a former USSR.

When you look at it it’s like OK from a first glance.. but when you start to look closer – it’s a mess. It’s like the girls on high heels and fancy clothes in the subway. I think you’ll understand what I mean.

5 posts
  • Located in Ukraine
Beschasny says

Hello mate,
I know what you feel – I’ve been in your shoes. But things does not work here the way you used to think.

Your template is messy; it ignores basic design principles like visual hierarchy, balanced spacings and typography. This is a common problem among designers from a former USSR.

When you look at it it’s like OK from a first glance.. but when you start to look closer – it’s a mess. It’s like the girls on high heels and fancy clothes in the subway. I think you’ll understand what I mean.

Thanks for your reply, Dream-Theme! I’m trying to understand your answer, but I’m not sure if its clear for me. Could you give an example of the specific problem in my template (I mean a little more concretely), and the way it should be fixed in your opinion?

739 posts
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Hello mate,

Thanks for your reply, Dream-Theme! I’m trying to understand your answer, but I’m not sure if its clear for me. Could you give an example of the specific problem in my template (I mean a little more concretely), and the way it should be fixed in your opinion?

The problem is you don’t even consider problem as a problem :D Again, for the beginning: visual hierarchy / spacing and typography. When previous is checked – latest web design trends. (And stop reading articles in russian – most of them are outdated.)

You took a classical shop layout from beginning of 2000th added fanciness (big images of Apple stuff and candy main background) and voila – hard reject. Look at top sellers around here, look at their pages layouts – they are miles away. Darn, take a look at our (Dream-Theme) portfolio and see how our design evolved.

The sooner you understand that “western” design school is different from “ours” – the sooner you’ll start to sell stuff here.

739 posts
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Yes. Almost forgot. Submit a PSD template first. Do not code it. If it will be accepted – you know you’re on the right track.

739 posts
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

BTW, which CMS/engine is that? If it’s self-made I’m not 100% sure it suits ThemeForest.

5 posts
  • Located in Ukraine
Beschasny says

Yes. Almost forgot. Submit a PSD template first. Do not code it. If it will be accepted – you know you’re on the right track.

Thank you so much! Of course it’s pity, but I understand you and I hope, that your words are the same, as reviewer’s minds :)

654 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Gareth_Gillman says

BTW, which CMS/engine is that? If it’s self-made I’m not 100% sure it suits ThemeForest.

It’s OpenCart ;)

It’s not a bad template but it’s not been refined, it’s like comparing a lada to a Ferrari

The lada looks ok and gets you from a – b

The Ferrari looks exceptional with awesome curves and a lot of design love gone into it

You need to make your template a Ferrari

5 posts
  • Located in Ukraine
Beschasny says

It’s OpenCart, you can see it at the product and category demo pages

739 posts
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Thank you so much! Of course it’s pity, but I understand you and I hope, that your words are the same, as reviewer’s minds :)

Well, it’s how we got here. And thanks for clarification about OpenCart – never worked with it. Sorry my ignorance.

||+ 1099518|Gareth_Gillman said-||

It’s OpenCart ;)

It’s not a bad template but it’s not been refined, it’s like comparing a lada to a Ferrari

The lada looks ok and gets you from a – b

The Ferrari looks exceptional with awesome curves and a lot of design love gone into it

You need to make your template a Ferrari
  • Lada tuned by a good custom shop.

And you can’t drive a Ferrari in Kiev – you’ll loose all bumpers. Actually my LandRover is barely coping :) There’s even a city legend about a guy who gets his Ferrari on the evacuator to the city center; drives around a bit; and gets it back on the evacuator :D

by
by
by
by
by
by