44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
VXV says

Hello everyone. Posted its first project – hard reject. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7fE8iL7Dnc) I think my project – qualitatively, sound and tutorial attached. So I spent on it is lot time and effort. I see here a very different quality projects, but they are accepted and successfully marketed. If so deny – that many writers have gone of VideoHive, on Revostock, Pond5 or other. For example, I think is to give up exclusive cooperation, because that will not work If so many writers go – VideoHive will lose a lot of profit.

1. What is the reason hard reject my project? 2. To do this, there is good reason? 3. Hard reject – it is a subjective decision? 4. Who will be responsible for damages VideoHive?

P.S. I do not want to argue about the quality, or talk about art. This is a very relative and subjective. Here everyone can clearly see that the projects are sold very different quality and content.

9 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
bzone says

I think your project got rejected because there are too many 3D texts and logo stings on videohive. If you would read Authoring Requirements carefully, you would notice that 3D texts projects are not needed anymore.

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/382

There is nothing wrong with your project, but there are too many of those on videohive. Even your camera angle is pretty similiar to one of the popular 3D logo/text projects. Sometimes it’s just better to make some recognition before starting the project.

44 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
VXV says

This is not true. All accepted and now – please see more attentive to the latest designs. Moreover. There is a very similar projects and the camera, and even copied the idea. If you do not see – you are cheating yourself out. I really wonder why they are so similar projects are accepted. But on the other hand, is a completely new almost never happens. But there is a reasonable limit.

342 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
StencilMedia says

If so many writers go – VideoHive will lose a lot of profit.

I’m not sure you’ve thought this through. If all the people who get all their projects rejected leave the site, then it will have no effect on sales as they don’t have any projects on the site anyway. If they were getting projects approved previously, but aren’t now, then it’s unlikely they’d take their items off the site if they’re getting decent sales on their existing items.

However, if the standards are dropped so a bunch of items are getting through when they wouldn’t previously, then sales might drop… buyers don’t want to wade through 100 items to find one that’s any good.

Either way, I think your project is pretty good. It’s with Element 3D yes? I just had a similar logo sting rejected, but I’m not complaining as they do have a lot of logo extrusions on the go, so I can understand why it was rejected. You can see it here…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKDNfYfkmgY

In a way, I’m glad that my project got rejected. Revostock and Pond5 can’t beat VideoHive when it comes to sales and variety… and I’m sure that’s got something to do with the level of quality on this site. I’ve submitted my rejected template to both of them and I’m waiting to hear if it gets through. I’m guessing it probably will, as they have lower quality standards, but I’d much rather have it on VideoHive.

So rather than getting angry at VideoHive and considering going elsewhere… it’s just made it clear that I need to up my game, put a more effort into it and come up with something unique and valuable. I’m on it!

As the saying goes… if VideoHive strike me down, then I will come back more powerful than you can possibly imagine. Or something like that.

44 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
VXV says

I met a very serious and interesting projects in other forums. These projects have been thrown out here, and now successfully sold on the Pond and Revo. As well, people see the lot no very high quality of work that are sold and accepted here. If you take one job, and 10 hard reject – you just throw such a site. You want to or not. And if reject on the topic (logo-text), then it is necessary to deny ALL topic. Because all the threads already there is!. But then there will always be old stuff.

465 posts 1 stop solution of all Motion Graphics Needs
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
StrokeVorkz says

The Text Bevel animation is the common style, every alternate author in VH would have tried and majority wouldn’t have gone through, BTW i am also in the alternative list, Do not get upset with this rejection, you are new author and you will be having some new ideas, bring those in, Lets start the envato journey better.

44 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
VXV says

Alas …. I’m not fabulously rich, to work for free. And here – not charity, but commercial site, though, and creative direction.

44 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
VXV says

The conditions should be the same for all, and not to depend on the mood or chance. And now the accepted projects Logo-text very different qualities – who wants to – it may look

616 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
uniquefx says

The conditions should be the same for all

I understand the reasoning of this,but the front page would be flooded with 3D extrusions and i don’t see that being good for anyone.

9 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
bzone says

I guess that writing here won’t make your project accepted. Just try to create something really unique next time.

by
by
by
by
by
by