498 posts Code is Poetry
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has referred 50+ members Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
egemenerd says

Can somebody help me to find out why my business template was rejected? I really need advice …

“Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.”

Demo Link

1424 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

you need to cover some basics first, typo and spacing are 2 the most important things. am posting this link to often but its amazing article http://blog.themeforest.net/resources/10-typography-tips-for-web-designers/

498 posts Code is Poetry
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has referred 50+ members Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
egemenerd says

Thanks Anps, I will read it ;) Do you have any other advice?

1424 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

for now no… start making changes and get back to us here ;)

189 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
mbudm says

I’m new at this too but I’m guessing that you may be in the same boat as me.

I also prefer simple uncluttered layouts and clean UI elements, like plain colored squares for next and previous buttons.

Unfortunately I think that what I call ‘worked’ UI elements seem to be preferred by the buyers on TF. By ‘worked’ I mean lots of detail, edging, shading, embossing – but not in a photoshop filters kind of way, more in a zoom into 1600% and shift those pixels around to create a signature 3D style element that is unique to you.

Personally I think this is a bit of a problem down the line. I imagine that a ThemeForest buyer is probably buying a template for a web design client of their own (that seems to be what a lot of small web design services do nowadays). For these guys, it’s great to have very impressive details when selling the idea of a theme to a potential client, but I see an awful lot of sites around the intertubes that I can see were built from a template and they look awful – mostly because the intensively perfect UI work couldn’t be replicated by the client when they wanted to add in a few customisations.

Now I could be completely wrong about all this, as I said I’m new to TF. But this seems to me to be a good explanation of why a certain type of style sells here on TF. I wish it weren’t the case and buyers (and their clients) preferred templates with good bones/structure and useful features and less flair.

So what I’m trying to do with my approach is – do my usual thing of focussing on the user experience/information architecture and doing one of my usual simple designs. Then when I’m happy with it I’m taking a deep breath and revisiting the design to make it more … envatoesque?

S (oops that was a ramble ay?)

by
by
by
by
by
by