4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Ukraine
osovsky says

Hi guys, I have submitted my first track and get hard reject. I cannot get why my track does not meet commercial standard, I thought it is OK to be used in some ads/projects/film..:) Track had interesting ideas (guitar solo.. good melody and seems originality?), I listened it on many different systems it was OK enough to me.. please could you listen to it https://soundcloud.com/user750080112/moments-of-life-watermark What do you think? Why it cannot be accepted? Should I change approach and write some background music with no memorable solo? Or is it bad music? Or should I mix and master song in different way?

Unfortunately your submission Moments of Life isn’t ready for AudioJungle and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or marketplace policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies. Please see our Knowledgebase for more information: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List

Our Review team also provided these comments:

Unfortunately, this file doesn’t meet AudioJungle’s commercial quality guidelines overall, and can’t be approved. Audio must be fully composed, arranged, mixed and/or mastered to a commercial standard, and have reasonable potential utility to our commercial buyers. Please consider viewing our Top Sellers page to get a good sense of the commercial quality of popular files: http://audiojungle.net/page/top_sellers If you wish to resubmit more content, please review the engineering and composition and make improvements to a commercial standard before attempting to upload again.
Fernandestelecaster
Fernandestelecaster Recent Posts Threads Started
117 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
Fernandestelecaster says

I listened to it.

1. When the keyboard kicks in ( second 5) feels like something is not tuned right.

2. The keyboard is not well syncronized, especially between seconds 5-10.

3. From second 30, when the guitar solo kicks in, the overall sound is too crowded, you could work on the mix from that point till the end of the track.

I hope it helps.

4 posts
  • Located in Ukraine
osovsky says

Ok, thank you for your feedback. Do you have any comments about the sound itself? Is guitar sound acceptable, mastering (equalizaion, dynamics, correct)?

204 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
Ceku says

I feel some tune problems about the synth/keys. Maybe the pitch amount is the one creating the inconsistency.. Please mute some channels and listen them by combining one-by-one. That’s the way i’m resolving the mixing issues ;)

139 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+1 more
nahkaorava says

Nice track, groovy as hell !

Keyboard has some tuning problems, as put earlier. I also think the track has too much treble frequencies, I would bring them down. Also the bass/bass frequencies could be bit louder.

Just my two cents! :)

kristopherfisheraudio
kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
506 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says

Okay, so I’ll be honest. The reasons I think it was hard rejected:

1. Tuning issues.
2. Sounds like improvisation.
3. No hook, IE nothing feels like its being carried forward.
4. No build or release.

Perhaps this could be used for a holiday style advert, who knows!

Keep trying, and don’t give up AJ is a marathon.

4 posts
  • Located in Ukraine
osovsky says

1. Tuning issues.
4. No build or release.

Well. Thanks all for your time! Now I know so much about my track:) can somebody explain to me the meaning of ‘No build or release.’ Does it mean that sometimes a successful track must be a kind of utility and easily modified (reconstructed) or reused?

Fernandestelecaster
Fernandestelecaster Recent Posts Threads Started
117 posts
  • Located in Europe
Fernandestelecaster says

I think build or release means that a song builds up, it has an intro, and as the song continues you enter the song’s ambient, atmosphere, and a tension begins building up. Most songs have a tension, and a maximum tension point. And everything builds up arround the tension. When the maximum tension point is reached there is an explosion that releases the tension, leading toward the end of the song. On most songs the tension builds up through the introduction and verse and reaches maximum tension and explosion on the chorus part.

49 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
IFT_FILMS says

1. Tuning issues.
4. No build or release.

This comment pretty nuch nailed it. Tracks here on AJ need to be used mainly for audiovisual projects. They must have hooks, build-ups, parts where the track gets more calm, etc. And there is definitely something out of tune.

90 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
GarryONeal says

Hey Osovsky:

Nice guitar playing! I think your mix could use more balance. There is a lot of high end, causing things to sound a little thin. Warm things up, add some dynamics (hard vs. soft, variety of instruments, etc.) and watch that pitch and you’ve got a winner.

Garry

by
by
by
by
by
by