Hi, everyone. My item was rejected and I need your advise how could I improve it. This is the reason given by TF item inspector:
1. Your file has some well done design concepts, however it does not meet the current and very stringent quality guidelines and we can not accept your file at this time. You will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics and aspects such as typography, graphics and spacing.
2. There are a few inconsistent spacing issues throughout the design.
3. Overall template’s typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for sale.
4. This look more like a mismatch of styles
5. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the template may just swing the decision in your favor.
And here is the link – http://demo.themeuniverse.net/cottoncandy/ Any help, please?
I am not an expert like the TF Inspector, but the design concept looks awesome
All the best for others advice
It’s a good start but needs some improvement. Here is what I would change:
- the social media buttons drain to much attention. They need to be much smaller, less ‘popping’ and on the right side of the page, since the left top corner is where the user looks first.
- the primary navigation is to small compared to the social icons. Also the hover style is to hard, and doesn’t fit into the overall look of the page.
- the dark pink and bright pink proportion is off. Consider using the 1/3 or 1/4 rule here.
- the post structure needs to ‘cleaned up’ as well. Here you also have to decide what is important, and what is not. E.g. the tags look nice but seem to outshine everything else.
- same thing applies to the sidebar.
Hope this helps
- Exclusive Author
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Referred between 100 and 199 users
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
It has the same functions as a free theme, therefore it is not a premium theme. The design is not your problem here.
I am impressed by your work and am wondering if you could contact me regarding a customization of one of your Prestashop themes?
ggaivg at gmail
Gustav, sorry but currently I am not available for freelance work.
Thanks for your advises, guys! But does anybody know what Ivor was meaning by ‘2. There are a few inconsistent spacing issues throughout the design.’?