60 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
donrobertsmusic says

My latest song got a word taken out of the title, which I’m totally fine with and I had even wondered if they would soft reject it and ask me to rename all the files because of it. But they didn’t, and it was approved the first time. They removed the word out of the title, but then left it in all the files.

Has that ever happened to you?

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Art-of-Sound says

Yes. The title shouldn’t be longer than 3 words.

1273 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
UJ-pro says

This can’t be the reason, Art-of-Sound.

I found 7 items named with 4 words on the first 2 pages of the new approved items in “Music”.

Not long ago I had a similar experience with some approved items. They were named different, not rejected and also no ask for changing and no explanation in advance.

For example:

Original: Oriental Jingle I Named: Middle Eastern Jingle I

Original: Oriental Jingle II Named: Oriental Logo II

Something like that. I was confused. Made no sense for me.

It took some time to get response from the support. The explanation was, that the english word oriental depends more to asia, but the sound was middle eastern.

I unserstood, but not why the second item still got “oriental” in the name. :D

OK, at the end both were named identical. Middle Eastern Ident I + II. :-) That’s all I wanted.

OK, what should you do? Contact the support and ask for the reason.

Good luck, Udo

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Art-of-Sound says

It’s all about aesthetics. Title “Like Sun After Rain” still can be accepted despite the extra word, but not something like “Happy Motivational Corporate Ukulele”

903 posts
  • Australia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
JBlanks says

The only time I had a title changed was for obvious reasons… I wrote a reggae track and called it “Need for Weed”. It was promptly changed to “Groovy Island” after the first two words in my item description.

Won’t be walking on the wild side with track titles any more… ;) That’ll learn me.

1173 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Reviewer
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+8 more
garethcoker Reviewer says

Need for Weed was rejected and it was a reggae track?? Some reviewer needs to go to Jamaica….

Come on Envato…. :p – that said, you could have probably put ‘weed’ or ‘stoner’ in the tags….

903 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
JBlanks says

Need for Weed was rejected and it was a reggae track?? Some reviewer needs to go to Jamaica…. Come on Envato…. :p – that said, you could have probably put ‘weed’ or ‘stoner’ in the tags….

Heh-heh ;) I think I might have added that flavor to the tags but…gotta check now and see if they tweaked them too. My first encounter with censorship in a while Gareth, and I direct horror movies as my day job!

By the way – you mentioned Christopher Young’s studio in your pdf on freelancing. So happy you’ve had the pleasure of visiting his pumpkin collection. He scored my first feature film “Urban Legend” many years ago and he’s one of my favorite people on the face of the earth. I love that man dearly and am in awe of his talent, and his ability to drink soda. Was so grateful to the studio that they let me hire Chris – he was my first choice and it was the most fun part of making the movie. All the best. Jamie.

533 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Synchrotron says

I’ve had some logo or ident title changed. Can’t remember what it was. Think they actually added logo or ident to the title.

1545 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

The only time I had a title changed was for obvious reasons… I wrote a reggae track and called it “Need for Weed”. It was promptly changed to “Groovy Island” after the first two words in my item description. Won’t be walking on the wild side with track titles any more… ;) That’ll learn me.

hahaha that made me giggle. Maybe you should of uploaded that track to WeedioJungle (Rastavato). Sorry, that was an unforgivably terrible joke.

903 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
JBlanks says

The only time I had a title changed was for obvious reasons… I wrote a reggae track and called it “Need for Weed”. It was promptly changed to “Groovy Island” after the first two words in my item description. Won’t be walking on the wild side with track titles any more… ;) That’ll learn me.
hahaha that made me giggle. Maybe you should of uploaded that track to WeedioJungle (Rastavato). Sorry, that was an unforgivably terrible joke.

Dude….c’mon. You’re a smart and talented guy. You can do better than that…. ;) Just kidding. Made me laugh too. You rule Soundfix. Rock on brother. JB

by
by
by
by
by
by