We recently made the jump from building WP client sites to checking out this community and hopefully becoming a good part of it. We just had a concern we hoped you guys could help with..
We’re very aware of the countless stories of PayPal freezing people’s accounts if they think the money going in is suspicious for whatever reason. It seems like if somebody collects a large payment for any reason they are immediately suspicious and hold your money for investigation, sometimes weeks at a time.
Has anybody ever had an experience like this when withdrawing their Envato income? Do PayPal recognise Envato as safe..?
Never happened with me
Yes Paypal has frozen authors income before(theres a few threads in the forums about it)
though they normally just require more information from you, Im sure someone who its happened to will chime in
I don’t get much from Envato, but I do get over half my monthly earnings through Paypal, as a freelancer.
I too had my account blocked (recently), but reinstating it went surprisingly fast – they worked with me over the weekend to do it (as above, they just request additional info, like utility bills/proof of address/photo ID card).
So, if I learned something from my account being blocked 2 times now, it’s:
- you (initially) have limits. Calculate your withdrawals so that you know when you hit a yearly limit, you don’t have any surprises (like I did),
- as long as you’re a regular customer, with regular transactions, you’re trusted more (read: regular paying customer for Paypal),
- avoid eBay transactions as much as possible. Use a different account if you have to. Most Paypal horror stories I read about, have eBay involved. Wonder why…
Standing by for duotive to chime in
Bit more information..
We have a verified business account with PayPal after confirming bank details and home address.. and we’re hoping that if anybody has had problems with large Envato withdrawals that it was because they were not verified.
If anybody had trouble with frozen accounts after verifying their details, we’d be interested to hear more about that..
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
Yeah. I live in the EU and PayPal is obliged to set a specific limit (I think it’s around 2000 or 3000 per month). Thus, if you pass that limit, PayPal will freeze your account and will ask you to verify your identity, bank-account, etc.
Doing what they ask, though somewhat stressing, will resolve the situation.
Hmmm.. I withdrawal large amounts and never happened with me in Brazil.
Here, you need verify your account before get more than $1000
Need sign up with your name and asign a credit card and bank account with same name, after verify address and other data WITH the bank, they increase your limit to unlimited.