• Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

I am working hard to accomplish this one true goal: get my own place to call home, it’s gonna be an apartment first, later a house perhaps. Currently living with my parents or my wife’s parents.. It’s not the best but at least I don’t pay rent and I can work anywhere as a full time Envato author.

Anyways..

I know there are lots of you who pay rent, I could do this too, but that is too much of an expense, I prefer to save money and buy my own home. I think I can achieve this quicker this way.

I wonder if anyone else did it already? How long did it take for you to get your own home? Was it expensive? Is it an apartment / house? Do you live with your GF/wife?

308 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
SyamilMJ says

I wish I have a GF/wife..

Have a house though, but it was handed down and I’m only paying the remaining half of it. Houses are cheap where I live.

67 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
hainug says

Not yet, just like you, living with my wife parents, the problem is i have been 5 months don’t publish my own item :D.

Actually is quite cheap in here, with $30.000-$50.000 you will get a house with two or three bed rooms.

170 posts The Joomla Guy
  • Won a Competition
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
hogash says

Exactly the same goal here too!! :bigsmile: This is something that i dreamed as a child, the life’s goal, we’re a few brothers and the math wasn’t good at all when we were thinking of splitting :P

I’m planning this spring to finally buy a home. A few years ago i had some debts and didn’t dare to think about a home, but hopefully soon the dream comes true, of course thanks to Envato.

Currently i’m living with my parents and GF, like you, didn’t wanted to pay rent having in mind that i just need to wait a bit more.

Honestly, a home is a great achievement in life!!

1645 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

Exactly the same goal here too!! :bigsmile: This is something that i dreamed as a child, the life’s goal, we’re a few brothers and the math wasn’t good at all when we were thinking of splitting :P

I’m planning this spring to finally buy a home. A few years ago i had some debts and didn’t dare to think about a home, but hopefully soon the dream comes true, of course thanks to Envato.

Currently i’m living with my parents and GF, like you, didn’t wanted to pay rent having in mind that i just need to wait a bit more.

Honestly, a home is a great achievement in life!!

Nice, my plans were also pointing to this spring but my wife didn’t agree the payment method so I have to delay.

So is it gonna be a nice new apartment / house? Second hand perhaps?

My wife is tickling me I should buy it in capital city. Well I had this in mind honestly, I may have the time to reconsider.

307 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Serbia
NikolaSusa says

Eh i wish, i prefer living in rented apartments(i can move if i don’t like the neighbors :P), but it’s my mothers with wish for me to buy one. They’re expense as f**k, thou’.. At least for our standards( 200k – 300k euro is mid price, and 300 euro is mid salary).

As for gf, i’m waiting for her to finish uni so we can start living together.

433 posts I love the web!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
htmgarcia says

I wish I have a GF/wife.. Have a house though, but it was handed down and I’m only paying the remaining half of it. Houses are cheap where I live.
Where do you live?
170 posts The Joomla Guy
  • Won a Competition
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
hogash says

Nice, my plans were also pointing to this spring but my wife didn’t agree the payment method so I have to delay.

So is it gonna be a nice new apartment / house? Second hand perhaps?

My wife is tickling me I should buy it in capital city. Well I had this in mind honestly, I may have the time to reconsider.

I was thinking of a new apartment in a new block. There’s a nice recently built complex in my area and was thinking there. But most likely, when i’ll have the money in my pocket i will decide a bit harder :bigsmile:

I also dream to an actual house with a garden etc. but for the moment i’m happy with an apartment too :) From what i saw they;re around 50k euros +/-

You are planning for a house too or apartment?

Eh i wish, i prefer living in rented apartments(i can move if i don’t like the neighbors :P), but it’s my mothers with wish for me to buy one. They’re expense as f**k, thou’.. At least for our standards( 200k – 300k euro is mid price, and 300 euro is mid salary). As for gf, i’m waiting for her to finish uni so we can start living together.

200k – 300k euro ??? Woooow that’s crazy expensive!!!

1645 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

You are planning for a house too or apartment?

House is for a bit later, perhaps planning for the next 5-7 years.

4266 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

I know there are lots of you who pay rent, I could do this too, but that is too much of an expense, I prefer to save money and buy my own home. I think I can achieve this quicker this way.

That’s the best decision ever dnp. When you pay rent the money goes to the toilet, sure you have a place to live for a certain period of time but then you go empty-handed.

I just bought my own house and is a great feeling. I saved for a little bit and I requested a loan from the bank, I will pay a small fee every month for 5 years.

I hired a small company of masonry and they’re currently making the fences and front then in march we will work hard in the floor and interior design. There’s a lot of work to do but I hope I can finish it in 5 or 6 months.

Current state: :grin:

\\

Here’s what I have planned for the front:

\\

by
by
by
by
by
by