1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

In any kind of way? How did you handle it?

I have this situation I work with a man who does the following: communicate with and get new clients, upload content, arrange webhosting. I do evertything else: design & sitebuild. Our expenses are deducted from the earnings before we share, so if he made too much calls he could actually get more than me. We share 50-50. I don’t really think this is fair as I feel that I do the bigger part of the job. Anyone else been in this situation? Is this okay?

I’m also looking for a manager/assistant/agent/you name it who would do these tasks, from anywhere in the world.

1173 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Motionreactor says

Sounds like a rip off to me. Except you may be underestimating the amount of work he is involved in preparing content. Getting content from a client is sometimes a bigger headache than the site design itself. Liason is a difficult job at times too.

However, only you know the situation compared to our zero knowledge. If it feels like you are getting a raw deal, then you need to do something about it.

1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says
Sounds like a rip off to me. Except you may be underestimating the amount of work he is involved in preparing content. Getting content from a client is sometimes a bigger headache than the site design itself. Liason is a difficult job at times too. However, only you know the situation compared to our zero knowledge. If it feels like you are getting a raw deal, then you need to do something about it.

Well, if he wasn’t doing it, I would not have projects to work on. (Of couse I could have somebody else to do it for me, but that opportunity is not very present.) And I hate converting .doc to HTML , I don’t want to meet clients in the city, negotiate deals, accounting, I’m not that white collar type guy. Sometimes I feel like 50-50 is okay, sometimes not..

7178 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says
Our expenses are deducted from the earnings before we share, so if he made too much calls he could actually get more than me.

Case one:

Your business partner get out one morning, maybe for a cup of coffee, and then surprise, he finds a client who needs an entire website. Cost 5000$. Also this client happens to be the “perfect” client. He will like the first draft that will see. It will request no changes. Also, pays all money upfront.

So you’re partner comes back to his workplace, calls you, pass the job and right about when you fire up photoshop he’s out in the city with his girlfriend to happily spend his part of the deal.

Meanwhile you work and finish the job, like one week.

Question: who’s the joker?

Case two:

Another day, another coffee, but this time finding a client is not a easy job. Your business partner lose two days listen to impossible request from difficult clients with ridiculous budgets. Finally he found one, is an easy job for you, twenty minutes of your time. You do the job, you get you’re money.

Same question: who’s the joker?

by
by
by
by
by
by